• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania TD

I have gummy/swirly C-line TD and s-line TD 170g i like them a lot and they flights are pretty similar, slighly turn and then fade back. Now i need something more stable for headwind, TD turn too much. CPD was way too overstable for my arms and many people say that CD hst is very similar to TD just more fade at the end. What about harder not gummy ctd? Is it more hst resistant?

I throw my TD about 330-350ft and its currently my fastest disc.

Have you checked out of the CD2? I can get that disc as far as my TD's, with a slight turn, but they hold up better in the headwind. They can also be powered down for straight shots with a hint of fade.

CD3 could also be a great choice! Loving that disc for long, straight, bomber shots and it performs well in the wind too.

I have never been a big fan of the PD and have found these discs to be effective!

I have gummy/swirly C-line TD and s-line TD 170g i like them a lot and they flights are pretty similar, slighly turn and then fade back. Now i need something more stable for headwind, TD turn too much. CPD was way too overstable for my arms and many people say that CD hst is very similar to TD just more fade at the end. What about harder not gummy ctd? Is it more hst resistant?

I throw my TD about 330-350ft and its currently my fastest disc.

I would recommend the S-Line PD. You may not use it much with your current armspeed, but in headwind you will be able to trust it completely.

I second the CD2. I have a 175 C-CD2 that with my 325' power will go straight and not flip then have a good forward fade. Tiniest flip up in headwinds, but not for very long and always fades back to center or more. I also have 2 171 S-CD2s. My beat one is very similar to the TD, awesome for hyzer flips and straight shots but a just a little flippy in headwinds. The CD3 could be a good choice, but my 175 C and S line CD3s are just a bit too much disc for me right now. I'll get great distance and control in a moderate headwind though. If you've got 350' power or better, CD3 might be perfect for you.

Chiming in with BS.

The new TD fly like valks.

(the older tourny stamp TD that flew dead straight were the best, they even fought the wind)

The new TD fly like valks.

That explains some things. I never could get my S-Line TD I bought some months ago to fly right. Flew with no OAT (had compliments on my throws with it at my home course), but just didn't have any glide or distance. I've tried several times over the course of time, but the TD is relegated to a box now.

That explains some things. I never could get my S-Line TD I bought some months ago to fly right. Flew with no OAT (had compliments on my throws with it at my home course), but just didn't have any glide or distance. I've tried several times over the course of time, but the TD is relegated to a box now.

The old TDs were the true gems

But as the story always goes, innova had to F it up.

I have an S-TD *(hahaha) That I use aLLLLL the time, I used it a ton this Majestic tourney and it prevailed. My problem, I cannot find a replacement, another TD I got was WAYYYY flippier. The $ I have is white S 172g slight dome with a small wings stamp. If the TD was made the way mine flies the # would be 10/5/-1.25/1.5 its perfect. PLEASE Discmania made some more like this, or make a GLOW C TD I feel that would start more stable and work into $. For reals, I would buy a ton of them as it was incredibly useful for slight turn to straight shots that I KNEW would still fade back as in not that flippy turd

Damm. My experience in with the new production runs, they had pop top dome and flew like seasoned s-valks.

The good old flat (close to the first runs) were just dead straight. Would fight wind. It was like a saint that could fight wind. Great discs really. Seasoned into long controllable bombers.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead to ask a question. I throw FDs and I'm currently trying to decide between a Sidewinder or a TD for the longer neutral to slightly US slot in my bag. I'm finding that my Star Sidewinder is only getting me an extra 25' of distance over the FD. I have a D-line TD that flies longer than the Sidewinder, but I got it in that plastic to see if I should invest in the mold, which I did with a C-line. The C-line is mostly flat and kind of flies like a CD2 in it's current 9/10 condition. I'm definitely going to keep doing field work with both the Sidewinder and TD, but I'm wondering if anyone has experimented with both and can shed light on how these may beat in. I'm pretty sure we're going to see a new run of STDs, so I'll probably contract one of those when they're released too.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead to ask a question. I throw FDs and I'm currently trying to decide between a Sidewinder or a TD for the longer neutral to slightly US slot in my bag. I'm finding that my Star Sidewinder is only getting me an extra 25' of distance over the FD. I have a D-line TD that flies longer than the Sidewinder, but I got it in that plastic to see if I should invest in the mold, which I did with a C-line. The C-line is mostly flat and kind of flies like a CD2 in it's current 9/10 condition. I'm definitely going to keep doing field work with both the Sidewinder and TD, but I'm wondering if anyone has experimented with both and can shed light on how these may beat in. I'm pretty sure we're going to see a new run of STDs, so I'll probably contract one of those when they're released too.

TD is almost exactly a Roadrunner

TD is almost exactly a Roadrunner

The TD does not have the Roadrunner's glide. And it's not a total surprise about the relative FD/Sidewinder distances: my Sphinx doesn't get me all that much more distance than my Leopard3s, but even a small difference can make a big difference on the next shot.

I've tried the S-Line TD and both the Star and Champ Sidewinders (and Star Roadrunner) and in all situations I recommend the I-blend Sphinx (allegedly a Valk top and RR bottom). I definitely get more out of a Sphinx than I do the TD.

Bump this post, just found an S-TD at the used rack at my local store. Picked it up for a potential Culverin replacement if it goes OOP...

So far liking it a lot for flip to flat and big flex shots, flies very similar to a few of my Culverins. Wondering how the stability ranges between plastics and domes? For reference mine is pop top 175g S-Line.

Bump this post, just found an S-TD at the used rack at my local store. Picked it up for a potential Culverin replacement if it goes OOP...

So far liking it a lot for flip to flat and big flex shots, flies very similar to a few of my Culverins. Wondering how the stability ranges between plastics and domes? For reference mine is pop top 175g S-Line.

what stamp

Anybody felt or thrown the new run of C Line TDs? The ones I've seen are a milky clear/white and max weight. Curious about dome and glide and all that.