• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Cyclone Feedback???

discflyer13

My friend has an elite x cyclone that he wants to trade and im considering it. Do a lot of people like this disc? How does it fly? Please share!!!

I love it. I have an ESP cyclone. It reminds me of a faster Roc (how it feels in my hand and its flight path). For me it flies super straight with a touch of fade at the end.

Thats an ESP not an X. The X will probably be flippier... but I'm not sure what tooling it is... what are you giving him? What you are giving him may be better than what he is giving you...

Thats an ESP not an X. The X will probably be flippier... but I'm not sure what tooling it is... what are you giving him? What you are giving him may be better than what he is giving you...

I'm thinking about giving him a new DX wolf that i never use.

I picked up a Pro-D Cyclone about a month ago and it quickly became my most consistent and straightest flying driver. It also holds a curve fairly well.

I wanted another Eclipse, but couldn't find any so I took a chance on the Cyclone and it really worked out well.

I highly recommend the cyclone, in both ESP and X. The X handles low power and is versatile. It is very easy to throw. As far as useful distance for me, it is like a long mid or short fairway. It S-curves nicely. It is far more useful overall than the Wolf, in my opinion. It handles well with many lines.

I will mention the ESP, just because it has been brought up. I think it handles power well. I can throw mine to match my Teebird in distance and straight line. It has more speed and stability than the X Cyclone. It works lines so well. One of my favorites.

I basically use my X Cyclone as a powered down ESP Cyclone.

Get yourself an Esp Cyclone. Top 3 best discs. It does whatever you want. I have a modest collection of 52 1st run's those were the best.

Seeing this guy throw em is what led me to the clone.

I find the clone to be very reliable and workable- lil turn, lil fade, but basically straight.

I use a mix of tourney pros and esp. I personally would prefer a pro d over x but the x is still good.

Would an ESP Cyclone overlap much with the Buzzz? I've started to think of the Buzzz as almost a fairway driver; would the ESP Clone give enough extra distance to make it worth it?

I used to love the Pro-D Cyclones.... But I lost about 4 of them in the span of a year, so I gave it up and use the leopard now, as I've only lost two of them.

Would an ESP Cyclone overlap much with the Buzzz? I've started to think of the Buzzz as almost a fairway driver; would the ESP Clone give enough extra distance to make it worth it?

I use a ESP Cyclone and a ESP Buzzz. The ESP Cyclone Is a SUPER solid fairway driver. The consistency of the ESP plastic keeps the throws consistent.

I use a ESP Cyclone and a ESP Buzzz. The ESP Cyclone Is a SUPER solid fairway driver. The consistency of the ESP plastic keeps the throws consistent.

Hmmm that's good to hear. My ESP Buzzz does most of my work on the course, but I'm having a hard time pushing it past 300. Maybe I'll try the Cyclone to punch it up a notch with the same amount of control.

I found a pro-d Cyclone with a couple pro-d style dents but, overall, in decent shape. Price was still on the back of the disc. I can throw it, at less than full power, on a 90 degree hyzer, and it still wants to turn right (Craziest thing I've seen. Fun to toy around with). Went home to look up flight numbers (expecting an uber understable disc) and found out that is not the case. 'Sup with that?

Dude. ANY Cyclone for a DX Wolf is a steal...:thmbup:

Yes this. Cyclones are amazing discs. They are like long slightly more stable comets (same plastic to same plastic) Except Z they are kind of junk. Glideless and OS

Yes the buzzz can overlap cyclones, cyclones pair better with a shorter mid than a buzzz like wasps/rocs/sharks.

One of the best bags I have had built was ESP and TP cyclones and a handful of cycled X Wasps..

Latest posts