• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Hawk HD "High Durability Driver"

Thanks. One more...
I have a bunch of old xls, that I believe to be elite pro, as my understanding it was one of the intro disc s for elite pro. But I have three of em that feel way more like tp. Ones a '97 max drive Voigt world distance champion and the other two are glow with a shared stamp as my glow cyclones. Any chance they are tp?
I throw these and am not looking to up the value, just curious.

The XL came out in '98 and Chris "Max" Voigt set the World Distance record in 2001 (with an XS) so a "'97 max drive Voigt world distance champion" XL has me perplexed. At any rate, there were no TP XL's made to my knowledge. Never say never, but I have never seen one or heard of any.

Glow often changes the feel of a disc. I have an old glow TP Cyclone in my bag right now, and it really doesn't feel very much like TP. It's stiffer and slicker than my other TP Cyclones.

Yep, that's why I grabbed it up. I can't post pics but could email you one. It's deffinatly an xl but even the marking is odd-it's innova style-in the middle. ???

It really does not have the glide of a Buzzz or Roc. It's faster, though. To me it was kinda like a faster Shark.

are you saying the Hawk is faster than a Buzzz or Roc? I can agree that it doesn't glide as much as those two discs, but I never thought of the Hawk as a faster disc. I've always thought of it as a shorter mid, not just because of it's glide (it doesn't have terrible glide, but not as much as longer mids).

It's always seemed to fly pretty slow for me. It's what I've always recommended to people that couldn't throw their putter well off the tee. You aren't going to blow by a lot of targets with the hawk, and I wouldn't take it out for a shot over 300ft, but I like how slow and neutral it is. I took it out of my bag about a year ago though, since I started pushing my challengers out further, there was little point to keep it in my bag as a tweener between my challengers, meteor and wasp.

The Z Hawk was a terrible no gliding squirrely terd of a disc. The few times I actually threw an HD hawk, it just made me wish it flew like my Pro-D Hawk.

The tournament pro plastic might be durable but the hawk mold sucks. I had a brand new hawk for a minute, threw it a couple times and traded it off. It doesent even come close to comparing to a Roc or Buzzz for a quality midrange disc.

Thats funny, its a good enough disc for Nate Doss to win the world championship with...

...maybe learn how to throw it, before bashing a disc.

are you saying the Hawk is faster than a Buzzz or Roc? I can agree that it doesn't glide as much as those two discs, but I never thought of the Hawk as a faster disc. I've always thought of it as a shorter mid, not just because of it's glide (it doesn't have terrible glide, but not as much as longer mids).

It's always seemed to fly pretty slow for me. It's what I've always recommended to people that couldn't throw their putter well off the tee. You aren't going to blow by a lot of targets with the hawk, and I wouldn't take it out for a shot over 300ft, but I like how slow and neutral it is. I took it out of my bag about a year ago though, since I started pushing my challengers out further, there was little point to keep it in my bag as a tweener between my challengers, meteor and wasp.

The Z Hawk was a terrible no gliding squirrely terd of a disc. The few times I actually threw an HD hawk, it just made me wish it flew like my Pro-D Hawk.

I'll agree that I found it slower.