• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

I'll be up for the OS by the sounds of it, it isn't too hard for me to turn the standard Nuke.

OK, I'm loving the X first run. Have always preferred X plastic and the mix with this mold is wicked. Quite a bit more dome than my Zs, it improves the glide substantially. I'm using a sub 170 backhanded and a 171 forehanded, a dynamic duo in my game. Can't say I'd be too interested in a OS or SS mold, I seem to be more comfortable controlling that aspect of the flight through varying the weight, and the current mold is working for me. Thanks for the X plastic BIG D...
'J'

J-Man said:
Can't say I'd be too interested in a OS or SS mold, I seem to be more comfortable controlling that aspect of the flight through varying the weight, and the current mold is working for me.
Having seen how much the PLH (and hence, the stability) varies without following the weight at all, I'd never trust weight alone to tell me how a disc is supposed to fly.

So far the Crystal sparkle Z's are flying huge for me right now. I think they're more stable than normal Z's (not the purples), but I'm loving the plastic. It grips easier.

X Nuke seems to be the longest disc out of the box for me even though it and the Z fade too much so i must use s-curves. A broken in DD2 is about equal. It would seem that the lower power requirement Westside King at lighter weights almost goes as far but it too fades too much. My thinking is that if any of these break in to lesser fade the King has the least LSS to lose to gain humongous distance while still maintaining control. As it is it is pretty versatile but the lowest HSS thanks to being the lightest out of these i think the best chance for getting straighter when it breaks in would be the King. X plastic in the Nuke is way easier to beat than VIP in the King.

I've really been considering getting the X-Nuke, but I seem to do well with Zs. Is there a large enough difference in glide between the two?

I haven't broken in mine but a new X vs Z is mostly about HSS difference. Same speed same fade perhaps very mild glide advantage for the X and way less headwind penetration for the X. It's seriously domey.

I got to throw a few drives with an ESP Nuke, they were all bombs. Not nearly as predictable as my Wraiths, but for a max D disc who needs accuracy?

Well, I do.

But the nuke effing bombs. (I'm just now catching up with disc technology, sorry for being late to the party)

Latest posts