• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft thinning the heard

Is jawbreaker baseline? Its rated between X and Z on the website and advertised as "the finest availavle for p&a."

Ive been rockin a JB Magnet for about a month and i absolutely love it. Durable and grippy with a smooth consistent release. It was like twelve bucks maybe? Ummm... Thats worth it to me. JBFTW!

Jawbreaker is like Classic Blend/Zero Medium from Trilogy... better than baseline and more expensive, as well.

Aha. Well, now that i think about it, im only using my JB for putting and other discs for approach. Thats probably why i havent had any serious wear. That makes sense.

Uh oh... now im in the market for a JB Zone! :doh: the addiction continues...

Btw whats the stability like on a JB Zone compared to maybe an X Zone?
Wish I could tell you. I picked up the zone on a whim in a has station, and payed WAY to much for it.

I feel like I'm the only one upset about the crush... :thmbdown:guess I'll buy more.

Ahh, 4 beautiful pearly Z Avengers arrived in mail. And not the usual FAF, all have a very moderate dome! They look just like my 1.2-3 QOLF's with same minimal dome. :)

I feel like I'm the only one upset about the crush... :thmbdown:guess I'll buy more.

I'm right there with you. Never understood why it wasn't more popular. I only have 1 and it's in my bag. Gets used a lot. I'm not going to stock up on a mold that Discraft is retiring so I'll have to decide on a replacement down the line.

Aha. Well, now that i think about it, im only using my JB for putting and other discs for approach. Thats probably why i havent had any serious wear. That makes sense.

Uh oh... now im in the market for a JB Zone! :doh: the addiction continues...

Btw whats the stability like on a JB Zone compared to maybe an X Zone?

X Soft Zone is more stable. At least in winter temperatures.

Im hurt about it too, just added the mold to my bag a few months ago but i do have a decent stash already. Just fits so perfectly as the Wraith OS slot

Thats exactly what I was using it for (WraithOS). No idea what I would replace it with.

I'm more surprised that they haven't OOP'd flydye discs as a whole. They can't be great sellers.

Ordered another 2 Z Avengers on top of 4 earlier, same run...pearly. 3 more Z Wasps, have a feeling it's going OOP at some point too.

I'm more surprised that they haven't OOP'd flydye discs as a whole. They can't be great sellers.

Dyed discs do sell. To whom I'm not sure, but I find them steadily in lakes. I agree they're cool to look at, but impractical on any course that has dense weeds or foliage. The dye pattern on many of these discs makes them borderline impossible to find in the weeds.

Also figure dyed discs cost at least $5 more than regular ones.

Ditching the Flash and Crush means Discraft basically has no 10 speed drivers anymore. If Innova got rid of all their 10 speed drivers people would be pretty upset.

Ordered another 2 Z Avengers on top of 4 earlier, same run...pearly. 3 more Z Wasps, have a feeling it's going OOP at some point too.

Now that the killer bees midrange line has lost the Hornet and the Drone, Wasp definitely looks next in line. Too bad - they were the gold standard when I started playing.

Seems like FLX is one of the plastics that's going away. Bummer, I like FLX!

This just pisses me off. My favorite Discraft plastic is the FLX plastic. No other company has a comparable plastic. This is a huge mistake by discraft. :wall:

The Z FLX is not the same as the FLX and is not as consistent. :mad:

Now that the killer bees midrange line has lost the Hornet and the Drone, Wasp definitely looks next in line. Too bad - they were the gold standard when I started playing.

If Discraft ditches the Wasp, what will that really leave them for mids other than the Buzzz? Discraft needs the Wasp. If anything they need something even more stable than a Wasp.

If Discraft ditches the Wasp, what will that really leave them for mids other than the Buzzz? Discraft needs the Wasp. If anything they need something even more stable than a Wasp.

Maybe they have a new disc in the works. That's the only reason I can think of for them retiring (almost) their whole OS mid lineup...