• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Trade] Discs for Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
This might be a longshot, but I figured I'd give it a try.

The GF needs a new computer - she does basic internetting (email, facebook, etc) and some basic photo editing (Gimp), quickbooks and spreadsheets, no gaming, no video, no facetime or anything of the sort. Our budget is very limited with me being out of work for the last few months and racking up medical associated expenses. But I have plenty of plastic for trade.

Does anybody have an extra laptop laying around, in decent working condition - maybe a value between $2-300 that would be willing to trade maybe 20-30 discs for? I have a decent variety of throwers, nothing really collectible, but some of the newer rare plastic. Lots of Innova and Discraft, some trilogy, legacy, prodigy, and gateway, probably around 100 to choose from. If anybody is interested I can provide some pictures and more information.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Possibly after Xmas. We got my son a new desktop computer, and his laptop would be expendable. It's 2 years old, but would definitely fit the bill of what you're looking for.

Can you send me a list of discs?

Here's the first 25. It will take me a while to get to the rest..

attachment.php

1. 178.5 10/10 Orange CFR Roc3
2. 177.7 10/10 Purple CFR Roc3
3. 171.9 10/10 Pink Am Worlds CFR S JLS
4. 164.7 7/10 Pink ESP AvengerSS, ink on flightplate
5. 176.3 9.5/10 Blue First Flight Torrent, Am Worlds Players Pack
6. 176.0 9.5/10 Yellow Classic Judge
7. 178.0 6/10 Red Champ X-cal ink of flightplate
8. 176.1 7/10 Yellow Opto XXX ink inside rim
9. 181 9/10 Red Proto M1
10. 174.5 8/10 Red Z Xpress ink indicating weight on rim
11. 174.5 9.5/10 Supercolor ESP Buzzz MN Majestic
12. 131 8/10 Orange Bliz Destroyer
13. 175.0 6/10 Pink FR Z Nuke, ink inside rim, some dog tooth marks
14. 172.0 7/10 Glow CFR Destroyer 2011 Vintage Tourney
15. 169.3 7/10 Pink FLX Surge
16. 178.8 9.5/10 (unthrown) Orange CryZtal Stalker
17. 173 6/10 Orange elite Z surge
18. 176.1 8/10 Purple Ti Nuke ink on flightplate
19. 177.0 9.5/10 Pink Ti Challenger, ghost stamp from the Memorial
20. 167 7/10 Orange Star Orc
21. 179.4 9/10 Rainbow factory dye Z Nuke
22. 176.6 7/10 Cryztal Nuke Illinois state DG Champs ghost stamp
23. 181.2 9.5/10 (unthrown) Yellow CryZtal Drone
24. 176.5 8/10 Blue Sparkle CryZtal USADGC Nuke ink inside rim
25. 176.5 9/10 (unthrown) Red Renegade GBO

Some of the newer stuff I have - FR Icon outlaws, swirl star thunderbirds, protostar t3, ti challengers, wiggins swirl star destroyers...

Last edited:
just a suggestion. craigslist, pawn shops and those FB garage sales have dirt cheap laptops. might be able to sell enough of those goodies to grab an ok laptop

I've got an old work laptop I'd be willing to part with for cheap, and we're close enough for me to use it as an excuse to get back over there and throw some more. I need to wipe the drive but I'd re-install Windows before I brought it. I don't know how good the battery is though as I haven't turned it on in almost 2 years. I've got power cords for it though. It's nothing special but it's completely functional and would work for photo editing.
Let me know and I can pull it out tonight and get it ready for you.

I've got an old work laptop I'd be willing to part with for cheap, and we're close enough for me to use it as an excuse to get back over there and throw some more. I need to wipe the drive but I'd re-install Windows before I brought it. I don't know how good the battery is though as I haven't turned it on in almost 2 years. I've got power cords for it though. It's nothing special but it's completely functional and would work for photo editing.
Let me know and I can pull it out tonight and get it ready for you.

Come on over and play a round, the course is in perfect shape - I have 11 baskets, 3 tees to each basket, I could be convinced to play 1 or 2 rounds of 11, and of course some putting on the indoor putting course. I'll even put you up for the night in our nicest heated housing unit, you can have the entire thing to yourself (and anyone you were to bring with ya) we'll work out a deal on some discs from there.

Come on over and play a round, the course is in perfect shape - I have 11 baskets, 3 tees to each basket, I could be convinced to play 1 or 2 rounds of 11, and of course some putting on the indoor putting course. I'll even put you up for the night in our nicest heated housing unit, you can have the entire thing to yourself (and anyone you were to bring with ya) we'll work out a deal on some discs from there.

Works for me. I'll get the lappy together and let you know when I can make it. I put a call out to people on our local club page, so maybe I'll get a little group to come over there and fling some plastic again.
If not, the wifey and I will just make it a night out and come toss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts