• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs you were disappointed with

Lat 64 - I really wanted to like the Saint, but I just could not make it work for me. I liked the River for a while, until one day I borrowed a friend's Leopard for a round and never looked back.

Discraft - Anything made out of Ti plastic. Pre-ordered a Stalker and Buzzz, hated both of them on arrival.

Innova - Too many to list, although the Roc would have to top the list. I just don't get the hype with that disc. I'd bet money that the pros throwing them could do the same things better with other discs, if they were allowed to try.

Despite seeing nearly every chucker on the planet with one, I didn't like the Beast. I also never was a fan of the Roadrunner. I've since cleaned up my form quite a bit and have learned the value of an understable disc so I probably need to revisit both of them.

I also never really meshed with the Vector. It has kept me from trying more MVP (never got used to the Ion either, but it didn't really disappoint).

The D Avenger I bought was pretty disappointing. It was overstable and didn't glide well. It was like a shorter S Spirit that wasn't as good in the wind.

The Pro Teebird was pretty bad, too. It did everything that you don't want a Teebird to do. It turned too much and beat in poorly.

Everyone talked about how awesome the Demon was and it has one of the coolest names, but once I realized that my Blaze did everything it could but way more I took it out of my bag and never even considered it again.

I'm embarrassed I fell for this twice, but the Illusion and Hybrid are just more overstable drivers from Gateway when all they had were overstable drivers and the Sabre. The Hybrid was supposed to be better on low ceilings and be kind of like a Teebird, but it was really just like a Blaze that went a little bit further for me. The Illusion was just an overstable driver that got squirrley after being beat just a bit too much. I'm pretty sure I lost every one I tried because it all of a sudden decided that it has some turn to it and flew off to the right never to be seen again.

Opto River and Neutron Volt were probably the most hyped discs that I bought but failed to make a meaningful connection with. Frustration got the better of Determination, finally had to throw in the white towel on both. :(

The latest Whippet I bought I was disappointed with. For some reason (and I'm pretty sure it was my fault and not the disc's) I always grip locked that disc and it flew 45 degrees to the right of my intended target. Every. Time. I. Threw it. :wall:

About the 10th time that happened it went into a group of trees, I threw a mulligan and didn't even look for the Whippet.

Firebird, GL Saint and an Opto Pure.
Heard alot of good things @ them all, but they just didn't work for me (maybe my expectations were too high?)
Although I must say that I've promised a couple guys on here that I would give the Saint another try...:confused:

I have an S line P2 which I love, and I picked up a D line and traded off after a couple rounds. I couldn't stand the thing... Which is weird considering how much I like it in different plastic...

I am rarely "disappointed" by a disc. Each is usually at the very least, fun to throw.

I really wanted the vector to work out... I bought 3 after throwing one of my friend's. Each one was (like people say about the groove) "an individual snowflake of suck".

The Ti Buzz was a pretty big let-down. Although I didn't have a problem with the flight too much, they really seem to have a warping problem. They didn't really come out in any colors that "pop" well either.

I wouldn't say that I was as dissapointed as I was fully enraged when I ordered 3 new destroyers online and got triplets of the mother effing Vulcan Topped Destroyer.

I'm undecided on the X-Cal (pending throwing another one). I was hoping for a very over-stable bomber but the 9/10 star one I have flips like a star destroyer, but with less glide when I crank on it. (Granted, I throw VERY far but I can get a cyclone to handle a headwind better than the X-Cal I currently have). Being a Destroyer lover, it does fit very well in my hand though.

It's funny...Whatever your favorite disc is, it has disappointed someone.

Opto river
Starlite roadrunner
Blizzard boss
Ion
Anode
zero line spike, nothing like the grip line

Lol so its MVPs fault that you spent all your money on their discs and didn't like them? If you didn't like more than one of their products, why would you keep buying them?

For me though, the Volt. I love that it can hold any line I want it to...but I just can't get it out as far as my other fairways.

It's moreso the the time I spent with their ****ty product. oh well, keep bashing my opinion on a internet forum and I'll go play discgolf. trick

Mine was a beast. I bought it right when it came out ("Next New Thing"), and it just was quite uncontrollable for me compared to my teebirds and CE valk's at the time. I've heard the mold has changed, but it is a disc that won't ever get another chance for me. Just didn't fit my way of throwing as well as other discs.

without a doubt, Blizzard. These things were mucho hyped up for weeks before they released, and I expected them to be magical based on what I read. I guess I just expected that the discs themselves would be better, or more consistent or something.

I tried 2 bosses and 2 destroyers each in both the 130's and 150's and all of them had very different flights, none of which were predictable plus they all looked different and felt different which did not inspire confidence.

If I hit the 150ish boss (super pop top) just right, which was about every 5th throw, it would fly a long way and still try to fade back, but that was only with a tailwind or no wind at all. All the others were just too unpredictable. It seemed like I had to change my tempo or mechanics to try and get those things to come out like I wanted them to, which switched my focus and effed with my game overall. And none would handle wind as well as their heavy weight counterparts, which is what they were supposed to do.

I kept one destroyer mostly just to mess around with, but I have so little confidence in it that it will never go in the bag again. On the upside, I probably had the longest throw ever with that disc, which is a reason to keep it I guess, well over 500 ft:clap:, but at about a 40 degree angle right of where I was aiming :doh:.

There's a big difference between the GL and Opto Rivers.

I was disappointed in the Teedevil I bought. I was throwing Destroyers at the time, and thought it'd be nice to have something with more turn - no flashing on the rim or anything and it flew like a Teerex.

Ions. Any premium plastic putter for that matter, and any "deep" putter.

Discraft drivers. New innova drivers. Warp speed drivers. Westside Sword - highly and repeatedly recommended to me, but still a wide rim with no clear advantage over my fairway/control drivers.

Roc. Was OAT problems when I first had one, but I'm firmly a buzzz guy now.

FLX Pred. Glideless. I was thinking about going Z Pred when I got my first Firebird. Now there's no need.

Blizzard anything. Tried 4 different molds (Destroyer/Boss/Ape/Teedevil). Never clicked.
Gateway drivers (Love their mids and putters) never did it for me
Can we all say Wahoo? Groove? Archon?
Lat 64 Bolt: Loved the stats, hated the facts
Rocs: More of a Buzzz guy

Zone

i love the disc but why make this limited edition?

basically the zone is a longer rhyno!

discraft makes
pro d
esp

they make limited amounts (impossible to get) read 20 dollars new
z zones which are great
z sparkle zones
crystal flx zones
sparkle crystal zones

and they don't make
ti zones
x zones

seems like the comet all over again and i like it i'm just disappointed that you can't just get another one off the shelves it is a special special edition.

I've gotta go with my super pretty GL saint. I want to like it so so bad but there is never a time or place I think "oh ya my saint is the disc here!" But I keep it in my bag because I want it to be awesome for me.

Next would be my vibrams. My ascent is like a crappy teebird and my trak is too flippy to even throw. I still bag my trak cause I love it for shorter thumbers and t-hawks.