• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs you were disappointed with

I never understood the need for a disc that floats. Most of the water holes around here were designed to be thrown over, not into

My favorite course has 10 of the 18 holes with water hazards on it. One is basically an island green, and others are lined with trees on both sides, so if you hit a tree, you're going in the water. Losing a disc every time you're out can become quite expensive, you gain confidence in your throw knowing it is easily recoverable, and it just plain saves time.

I've been disappointed with my Leos too. Started out throwing one as a beginner okay. Not sure if it's OAT, the discs are too light for me, or if they're just too beaten in, but all they seem to do is burn on me, which kills me when I hear about how far people can throw them.

My Z Comet. Maybe it would teach me fantastic form, but since every other disc I throw does pretty much what it's rated to do and that thing just burns into the ground?...screw it.
I retract this. I spent a round today throwing nothing but my Z Comet from the teepad with the right pec drill (no reach back), and it flew straight and far. My bad, sorry Comet! Help my fix my form, please!

Some discs disappointed me initially, but I as i learned to throw them well that disappointment became happiness: Buzzz and TeeBird come to mind

the Axis.

Having to throw a midrange like a driver just to get it to fly straight isn't my idea of a midrange. Guess I like old school mids like the Roc and Comet too much.

the Axis.

Having to throw a midrange like a driver just to get it to fly straight isn't my idea of a midrange. Guess I like old school mids like the Roc and Comet too much.
I got a Vector for the same reason the Axis dissapointed you. I like a mid that I can crank on. Makes me feel more manly.
:thmbup:

Based on flight numbers I thought a destroyer would be a faster wraith. WRONG! I mean "star destroyer" sounds cool, but the wider rim just didn't fit my hand so I never knew where the disc was going.

Like others here, there are plenty of discs that initially didn't click until I learned to throw them better. The icon ghost comes to mind. Maybe it has more of a + rim than I realized because I kept losing it left (RHBH) due to an early release. Now I think it's a pretty good midrange.

the Axis.

This was how I felt about the Axis at first, too. But once I learned that it is more snap-oriented, I figured out how to throw it. Now I can't imagine a better workhorse mid. So versatile.

Definately...

...Millenium Omega Super Soft.. I just don't like the way it flies and it sticks to my hand too much. :wall:

This was how I felt about the Axis at first, too. But once I learned that it is more snap-oriented, I figured out how to throw it. Now I can't imagine a better workhorse mid. So versatile.

Kind of a silly comment. As someone who has used comets for my primary midrange for a long time, I understand very well how to throw with a lot of snap and not just speed.

To me the Axis and vector just require too much speed - in my opinion, obviously - to get proper flight shapes out of them. They fly very well from an objective standpoint, I was just disappointed in how hard I had to throw them to get anything other than a straight line shot.

There's a place in someone's bag for these discs, just not mine.

Kind of a silly comment. As someone who has used comets for my primary midrange for a long time, I understand very well how to throw with a lot of snap and not just speed.

To me the Axis and vector just require too much speed - in my opinion, obviously - to get proper flight shapes out of them. They fly very well from an objective standpoint, I was just disappointed in how hard I had to throw them to get anything other than a straight line shot.

There's a place in someone's bag for these discs, just not mine.

Neutron plastic and weights under 177g go a long way to remedy this. I've always thrown mids hard coming from the Buzzz, but in the past couple of years I've started moving away from that approach a bit. My heavy FR Vector/Axis did take a full throw to get the intended flight, but now I'm pairing a 174 N Vector and 176 N Axis (both board flat) and they are much more manageable at a range of speeds. They're still not Comets, but they are probably a lot better in the this respect than the MVP discs you threw.

Discmania PD... Only because a thread on here said it's a longer Buzzz. It's not.

Discmania PD... Only because a thread on here said it's a longer Buzzz. It's not.

Hahaha. I'd like to see that post so I can put that person on ignore. Care to link it?

It's funny that you ignored the other thousands of posts that call it a longer TeeBird.

Latest posts