• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs you were disappointed with

MVP products (sorry fanboys,wasted alot of time and money trying to throw bull****) and most swedish plastic. especially rivers

Lol so its MVPs fault that you spent all your money on their discs and didn't like them? If you didn't like more than one of their products, why would you keep buying them?

For me though, the Volt. I love that it can hold any line I want it to...but I just can't get it out as far as my other fairways.

For me it was the Wolf.
It is the only disc I've thrown that didn't perform at all how I had hoped.

Hmmmm umm any disc raft driver. Hated them all. Other than that also anything vibram, hated them too sorry. I liked everything else for what it's worth. But the roc and me are fighting for now I don't like it but if it apologizes to me for being to hyped up them I may throw it again.

im glad you are all apologizing for your choices. i get offended really easily when people dont like my discs

You guys wanna trade me some ions? Haha

I am just in my second year so there isn't any disc I've tried that I don't feel like I could have spent more time with and learned to throw (minus discs that are too overstable, heavy, or fast for me). I have this forum to thank as well for steering me towards molds that already had a good reputation.

Anything speed 11 over higher. Xcaliber, Boss, Groove, Katana, Wraith...I thought each one would fit in my bag in a way that no other disc did. Nope. I've pretty much disced down and abandoned these molds. At least now I know I don't have the arm for these discs (yet?).

Of the slower discs, I don't love the Eagle. Felt like a Teebird but less predictable and less useful. Other than a sweet thumber ace, I didn't have many good shots with this disc.

My Z Comet. Maybe it would teach me fantastic form, but since every other disc I throw does pretty much what it's rated to do and that thing just burns into the ground?...screw it.

The first Vibram disc I tossed turned me off to them. It was one of the putters, but I don't remember which. I threw it a couple of times and couldn't get it to go anywhere. Probably 60' short of the Aviars I was throwing at the time. I didn't like the feel of the rubber either.

Another "it's me and not the disc": the Leopard. I've tried it several times, and it's just never clicked for me.

I just ordered a Test Run River to try out; hopefully I'll be one of those for whom it does click.

I had the same issue with the Leopard. Tried a Pro Leopard, since a lot of people on here recommended it. Beat the snot out of it on teepads and trees, but just couldn't make it work for me.

I then went Test Run River...then Gold Line River. I don't throw them much anymore, but I found them to be more enjoyable than Leos.

The other big disappointment for me: Sidewinders. Tried them in DX and Champ, anywhere from 160-170 grams, and just couldn't get them to be as understable as advertised. Luckily, I went further down the spectrum and found the Roadrunner, which will always be a staple in my bag.

The other big disappointment for me: Sidewinders. Tried them in DX and Champ, anywhere from 160-170 grams, and just couldn't get them to be as understable as advertised.

Ditto, I've never been a fan of sidewinders. Never could throw that mold worth a damn and my 150 valk basically does what I was trying to do with the sidewinder anyway.

KC PRO ROC

I don't like the feel of the plastic. at all. I dont deny its an awesome disc, I can't get past the feel of the plastic. One less roc lover for all you roc lovers.

Like many that have posted, I think I have quite a lot of discs that, while maybe they work for others, caused me to just hang my head in disgust or disappointment.

DISCRAFT:
Impact: Never could seem to get the thing to go straight, and if it did, it had no glide.

Glide: What the **** was this disc SUPPOSE to do? I'm sure it was my fault, but still, hated it.

Nuke OS: I'm sure it was the fact that I got this disc at the wrong time in my "career", but holy hell, I couldn't control that thing to save my life

INNOVA:
Ape: same thing as the Nuke OS

Katana: Started with a Pro that was way too flippy, and then Star, which just didn't shape the lines like I thought they would

Vulcan: I was just learning to hyzerflip, thought these would be great. Too much snap and OAT caused me to hate this disc

Kite: so much promise, a mid that flies like a driver...I wanted to burn it after a week. I will forever curse this disc

Birdie: I thought I could power up this putter, and really take runs at a basket..but lack of glide led to it's downfall and subsequent hatred

WESTSIDE:

King: Easily one of the most unpredictable molds I've ever thrown. Just hate it

I've since gone with an all Lat64 bag. the only discs I carry that aren't are my NUKEs, as they simply just go FAR. But I'm only about 10-20 feet off of them with my HALOs, so they don't come out that much

I have a bit of a list. the river was the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title.

and then we have the...

ar12 - don't like the feel when i power grip it
viper - not enough fade, mine was really straight for some reason
SL - never went as far as I thought it should have

Nuke SS,
Surge SS,
Roc(still attempting to use it),
Comet(still getting better with it),
groove,
Valkyrie ( I can throw it fine, just don't care for it's flight),
Mamba,
Brand new XS (I had a used one that I loved and can bomb it like 360' but the new one is soooo overstable idk),
Zombee (I haven't thrown it since the ace race 3 months ago),
Opto River (I started disappointed then I started enjoying it, then I lost it.)
Blizzard Destroyer
Blizzard Krait
Blizzard everything but the wraith
PD2 ( didn't know what I was buying at the time, I enjoy it now but I was dissapointed. lol)
Monarch every time I throw it backhand
Kraits

Yea it's a long list.... but I was disappointed a lot lol.

A couple. The River and I never clicked (love the saint though) though it wasn't the disc and I'd probably do better with it now I'm cleaning up my form a bit. I could not get along with the mamba to save my life either. Thought I'd love the Vibram sole, but Aviars turned out to be more what I was looking for so that one disappointed a bit.

Buzzz (need dat bead!)
River (nothing will replace my leopards)
Ions
Anything marketed as a faster teebird