• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distances between courses

From VA to NZ or Aus for me. Queenstown might be the furthest distance wise that I had played while on the side of the globe. The course in Tassie was great.

I played 5 courses in 4 states in one day last summer. Campus greens in Rice Lake Wi, Milstream park near St Cloud, MN, Valley City Park in Valley City, ND, Klaus Park in Jamestown, ND and Makoshika State Park in Glendive, MT. About 740 miles, started at 7am and finished in the dark at about 9:30 pm. I've also played courses in So Cal, Maine, NZ, Aus. Not all in one day though.

Last edited:
Well, the two courses I've played that are farthest apart are Kreuzlingen Seeburg Park and University of the Philippines. They are "only" 4,700 miles apart from each other.

The thing is: they're both in the Eastern hemisphere and I live in the Western hemisphere. So, I had to travel 4,500 miles to Kreuzlingen plus 12,300 miles to UP, so I'm weighing in at 12,300 miles.

the distance between courses played is 1,153, Mason, OH to Austin, TX

3147. Just extended that by about 40 miles this weekend. Augusta maine to huntington beach, ca. 2 days ago I wpuld have said sabattus me to hb

I know we're all talking travel miles here, but just to get all OCD about it, nobody can play two courses more than about 7940 miles apart.

The diameter of the Earth at the equator is 7,926.41 miles. Let's allow for a course at the top of Mt. Everest, and a hypothetically high altitude course opposite. :D

btw, while we're at it, OCD should really be CDO, alphabetically, as it should be ('btw' is ok, btw). :p

...and no, this NOT a serious post. I really am impressed at the range of some folks' travels and experiences. Hope we can all do it some day!

For me it's northern California (Ryan Ranch in Monterey) to Connecticut (Veteran's Memorial in Bridgeport edges out Cranbury and the Long Island course). Driving with google maps, it'd be 3,062 miles.

2,439 - St. Petersburg, FL to Bozeman, MT

2,156 - Distance from home - Columbia, SC to Bozeman, MT (by car)

1,966 - 2 courses on 1 trip, also by car - Elberton, GA to Salt Lake City, UT

The latter two been googlemaps distances, not the actual, meandering routes I took. The one that included Montana was something like 6200 miles driven.

The latter two been googlemaps distances, not the actual, meandering routes I took. The one that included Montana was something like 6200 miles driven.

i thought my roundabout, 4600 mile journey to LA (no courses played along the way, it preceded the time when i would actively seek to play) would win that one

6200 is quite impressive

Horning's Hideout in Oregon to Black Falls in Montgomery, VT: 3069 miles. I was surprised to discover that it's actually a longer distance than Kit Carson Park (Escondido, CA) to Black Falls, which is "only" 2974 miles.

By the way, I drove from my home in Vegas to my new home in Boston in August (playing half of the top 10 courses along the way). So if you want to count the distance from Sunset Park in Vegas to Borderland State Park in Sharon, MA, that is 2730 miles that I legitimately drove in one trip.

If you ever have the chance to spend two weeks doing nothing but driving across the country and playing disc golf, I highly recommend it.

i thought my roundabout, 4600 mile journey to LA (no courses played along the way, it preceded the time when i would actively seek to play) would win that one

6200 is quite impressive

From 1994-2006 I took a number of rambling backroad trips around the country. The longest was 6,602 miles, in two weeks. If you follow the car's maintenance schedule, that's an oil change before you leave, an oil change a week later and somewhere far from home, and an oil change upon return.

I started playing disc golf in 1995; courses were few and far between at the time, but I checked off 24 states that way. Now there are courses everywhere, and I rarely travel. Go figure.

4400 miles between central Illinois and north western Germany. :)

Latest posts