• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you help your buddy look for his discs when he throws two for every shot?

nrohtlaw

I played with some people who like to throw two discs on every shot.The problem is they always forget where they threw one of them.I have a hard enough time remembering where I threw mine on some courses to help them look for their's.All this of course happens on one of those drinking rounds.Is it rude to say to someone that you are sick of looking for their errant shot every stinking hole?

happens to me all the time, i help look but i kinda like looking

it's not rude at all to be like, "hey, if your gonna throw 2 discs everytime then keep track of your s*** becasue this is getting recidulous. Plus, throwing 2 discs all the time is pretty goddamn gay."

just my $0.02

I can see them throwing 2 on the first hole.. if were playing casually that usually happens. After that its usually frowned upon around the group of guys I play with... play it like it lies.

we usuually throw an extra shot on a hole if it has a wide open bomber hole, but only on drives and only on one hole max. doing it on every shot would get old pretty fast.

we usuually throw an extra shot on a hole if it has a wide open bomber hole, but only on drives and only on one hole max. doing it on every shot would get old pretty fast.

You must not be interested in getting any better. Throwing multiple shots on holes is great practice.

If I am not holding up the course I throw multiple shots. It helps me improve my game. My buddies help me look for mine and I help them look for theirs. We do however only count the first throw towards our score since we play for cash. Any subsequent throws are for educational purposes and practice only.

I will let people throw more than one throw on a few holes, but not every hole.
I understand that throwing more than one on a hole helps you get better, but if you want to practice, practice solo, I like to move at a decent speed and don't want to be held back.
If we agree ahead of time we are going to play 2 discs every hole and I have time to kill, then that's a different scenerio.

skinner pretty much summed up my attitude on the topic.

its no big deal if you want to throw a mulligan or a practice shot...just dont hold the group up.:\

I will not consider looking if they unload the entire bag. I agree that I am not at the course to watch others practice, but if it is agreed upon that several throws are OK and no groups are being held up, by all means have at it.

If I was good enough to land my drives in the same area everytime I would throw multiple shots when I play alone. However it gets annoying when you are playing with three or four people and it happens.

Depends on the size of the group also.

If you're playing 4 or more, gambling, playing tags, it's generally frowned upon to throw multiple shots.

The last hole can be an exception as you are done for the day.

playing with one buddy it is ok to throw 2 drives on multiple holes if it doesn't hold up groups behind you. you are also not permitted to actually play both drives, only 1 and generally the first (unless you are not keeping score feel free to play the better one to speed up play).

The second shot needs to be done quickly, after you drive you should be picking out a disc and be ready to shoot immediatley after the other guy.

In terms of not helping your buddy, you should tell him prior to driving that you are no longer going to help him (obviusly he would not need to help you anymore), but unless you say something, I think it's safe to assume you owe him some help looking

I usually play alone and sometimes if the course isn't busy I will throw multiple shots. I have trouble finding them all and if I was with a group would not throw more than 1 shot per turn. You have to think of the other golfers in my opinion.

The worst part is when the person is throwing 2 discs everyhole and then picking the best one for his next shot, and at the end of the game he is claiming his score is stellar. Ive seen it happen with a guy who hates to lose.

I usually help them look about five seconds after they start looking, just hoping that they'll find it before I actually have to put forth some effort. But throwing multiple discs on every hole? No sir. My group is pretty good about not doing that though. If I'm playing a round by myself and the course isn't busy I'll throw 2 or 3 shots though depending on my first shot.

I don't mind helping them look but on every hole might be too much. As long as were not holding anyone up, everyone in my group throws a lot of practice shots. Everyone looks until all discs are found.

Latest posts