• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you hide your new disc purchases from your wife?

My wife spends $450/month just to lease a horse. Then it's another $50 a pop for each lesson, which happens at least once a week.

And this is all after the two horses she bought, and ultimately had to give away that put us out over 10 grand just in sale costs as well as probably $1,000/month in upkeep.

So no, she doesn't care if I want to spend a little money on discs here and there...

Most of my purchases involve discs for both me and my wife, so it's unlikely I'll be in trouble. She probably owns a third of the 200 discs in the garage.

If you have to hide things from your wife, you're in an unhealthy relationship.

It's extraordinarily simple (and also free) to set up your finances in such a way so that you and your wife are never "spending too much money".

If your bank doesn't allow you to have multiple accounts, shared accounts and automatic transfers for free, switch banks.

My wife and I have a shared account for all of our recurring bills, another shared account for vacation money, another shared account for purchases related to our house (remodeling, furniture, etc.), and then we each have our own individual accounts.

Voila, you never have to fight about money ever again unless you're a cheap bastard and don't pay for your share of dinners/gifts/whatever.

Latest posts