• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you hide your new disc purchases from your wife?

I made my initial investment in discs back in the late 90s into early 2000. If i buy discs i always sell something so essentially im funding my hobby with discs from my collection. My wife doesnt seem to mind.

No bleepin' way my wife is throwing my discs. I bought her her own ;)

LOL! My wife doesn't play enough for me to worry about that. If she did play more, though, I'd be glad to let her break in some DX plastic to awesomely beat in for me! :D

Only if it is sweet candy, a particularly pretty pearly, or a color she love, in a less stable model. If none of the above, nope. I try to buy ugly overstable stuff. Hey, we all have different "in the bag" criteria. :eek:

Being that disc golf has literally been a life saver for me, my wife does not seem to mind. We actually talk about what i want and check the finances together. Sometimes i may not be able to buy it right then, but I would rather be up front and honest about things than hiding anything from the woman I love. What is awesome is that even though she doesnt play, she comes with me on the majority of rounds that i throw. Last summer she was pregnant most of the season, this year she wont be(so far). So maybe this year she will play with me instead of just walking the course. I would much rather have it this way than to get caught hiding stuff from her and have to give up the sport or her.

Nope. She usually texts me when one is delivered.

^^^

This...because she knows how much I love my toys and the sport.

Also, its my money(we keep it separate except for a house savings account) and I've never run out because I bought too many discs.

Maybe she's never upset because my addiction to buying more discs has never prevented us from doing anything else that we enjoy. If your special lady is not happy with your mass amounts of plastic, perhaps you should reevaluate your spending patterns and see when the last time was that you bought her something nice or took her out to her favorite restaurant. I received 3 boxes of discs all on the same day last week and she sat on the couch with me to see what I got. Today, I'm currently letting her sleep in(what a waste, I'm an AM person) before I take her to her favorite brunch spot. It takes a balance to keep everyone happy :thmbup:

If balance doesn't work, find a new special lady.

If they complain just show them Discinfiend

969421_704866792856936_1830604158_n.jpg

I'm not married but I thought this thread was a fun read lol

I get the occasional eye roll if 5 show up in a day, but to be honest about it, the only money I'm really spending on discs these days is shipping costs on trades/sales.

She jut got me a hoodie for VDay that reads "Yes, I Am One of Those Disc Golf People"...so I guess she gets it.

All my discs tend to come b/t cheap and free because I buy, trade, and resell smart but my wife gets jealous for the sheer fact that I have a passion for something and she doesn't. All of her hobbies combined don't add up to half the enthusiasm I my one.

Sucks to be her.

My fiancée actually buys me discs for holidays and never complains about purchases. She knows I love to play and she didn't even say a peep when I bought a new Ergo 2. I also rarely buy new plastic. I would rather trade what I don't throw for something I want to try out. I will never hide purchases from her that is for sure. That is just inviting a pointless argument that will lead to having to continue to hide purchases and that's not a road I plan on traveling down.

No. I don't buy a lot of new stuff or premium stuff. For the most part she doesn't care anyway. $10 here and there is not enough of a dollar amount to get bent out of shape about.

I tend to get stuff sent to the office. Just easier and I can share with my coworkers.
There are 4 of us that play in an 7 person firm. We all play a few holes at lunch together.
When I get home I show my wife the new discs anyway.
She keeps the books so she knows what I am buying anyway.

Soon after getting married I made the mistake of hiding something I bought. Actually made the same mistake some 10 years later.
It takes moments to lose trust....years to build it back.

Latest posts