• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you own a practice basket?

Do you own a practice basket?

• Yes

Votes: 230 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
...Mach II Portable with 6 added chains...

I'm betting that improved this basket a lot. A local pitch and putt course put these in and they're ok baskets, but staggering the inner chains leaves a gap at every other chain configuration. You can have a perfect putt easily spit out off the pole if you hit that gap, really poor design for a course basket. Adding 6 more inner chains to close those gaps should make these baskets at least reasonable at catching good putts.

Yes, a DGA Mach Lite. And then I moved to a house with a tiny front yard and no front yard. What was I thinking?:doh::doh::doh:

Now it mostly lives in my garage, so I can practice those 15' putts in the middle of the night. I throw some underpowered drives as well, but probably shouldn't - my garage door is starting to look like the craters of the moon after I shank a few.

Can you show some pics as I have 2 Mach II's for my home course, and would be interested in doing the same.

Yes will do. But basically I got 12 stainless S hooks and 6 lengths cut at the hardware store. It's funny when you tell the guy they need to be exactly the same number of links. I'll measure them and get some pictures

Yes will do. But basically I got 12 stainless S hooks and 6 lengths cut at the hardware store. It's funny when you tell the guy they need to be exactly the same number of links. I'll measure them and get some pictures

Awesome, thanks! Stainless chains as well? Galvanized?

Galvanized, I'll have to think back to where I got them, but almost identical to the basket's chains

Excellent! Just got my first home hole cleared. 110' uphill anhyzer shot, with a mando gap to hit. Not an easy 2. Still rough but playable.

Last edited:
Yes, I do.

Started with a DGA Mach Lite 7 years ago. The fabric started to shred, and in turn the exposed metal started to shred my putters. Upgraded to the best basket on the market; Innova Discatcher Pro.