• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you own a practice basket?

Do you own a practice basket?

• Yes

Votes: 230 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
I have an Innova Discatcher Pro and won a Westside Black Basket a while back in a running CTP fundraiser. Get two baskets

DGA Mach Lite that my brother in law (who doesn't play) found at a garage sale for $60. He called me up and said, "hey, I think I'm looking at a disc golf basket here, are you interested in it?". Had him text me a pic and the answer was a resounding "hell yes, buy it". Has definitely made me a better putter.

Shopping for a new place with some land, will probably move in the next year or so. Something with enough space for a few holes (maybe even 9) is a part of the criteria. Eyeballing MVP Portals for that.

I bought a DISCatcher portable within weeks of when they started offering them for sale (when the Mach I patent expired)....without looking it up, I'm thinking 1998 plus or minus a year or two. Pretty sure they were $300 at the time.

It's now in a ground-sleeve in my back yard.

11ish years ago, before the plywood base disintegrated:
gputt3_zpskcf3jdff.jpg

The glorious day I own a yard I will have a nice practice basket.

Yeah, my dream is to have a few acres to be able to have a few baskets and some teepads for a little practice course. However, hopefully I can end up with a yard big enough to have an actual basket and some landscaping marking off every 5 feet from it for putting practice :D But I'm in college right now so I make do with the green spaces around my apartment complex

DGA M14 with another set of outer chains added. Works great, stays outside year round and still looks great.
Would like to get another basket eventually.

Yes, that is the best investment in your game you can make, so long as you use it !

I have a Discatcher Sport, btw.

Discatcher Sport from my brother when he realized being a lawyer didn't give him enough time to play.

I have 2. An innova disc catcher sport, and a permanent DGA mach 1 that I bought off a local auction after the city replaced the baskets at Oakland Top course.

Love Mach Is. There are a few left at some of the Steady Ed courses in the area. So fun to putt on them.

Love Mach Is. There are a few left at some of the Steady Ed courses in the area. So fun to putt on them.

A lot of people hate on them - and for good reason since they are artifacts of our sport - but if you can putt on a Mach 1 you can putt on any modern basket, no problem.

The Mach Is aren't the worst thing I've ever putted on. far from the best but if you don't sling it in there too hard they usually catch.

8 baskets
Mach X, Discatcher, Discatcher Sport, Mach Lite, Innova portable, 2 of the cheap Costco baskets and an Innova mini.

…hopefully I can end up with a yard big enough to have an actual basket and some landscaping marking off every 5 feet from it for putting practice :D

I did something similar when I finally got a yard.
2015_06_20_18_40_19.jpg

…these are 5m, 6m, 7m (also have 8-10) for the Finnish putting game.

A lot of people hate on them - and for good reason since they are artifacts of our sport - but if you can putt on a Mach 1 you can putt on any modern basket, no problem.

I think knowing that I'm putting on a pretty important artifact is what makes me love them so much. They definitely, as Moose said, aren't the worst catchers. I would love to have one in the yard. Very jealous sir.

Latest posts