• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you own a practice basket?

Do you own a practice basket?

• Yes

Votes: 230 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
Yes! It only took me 20 plus years to convince myself that I really needed one. Wish I would have done it sooner. I would recommend the marksman or the predator with a tie up.

Hmm.

18 holes in my back yard, plus a few extra baskets scattered around out there, and 2 practice baskets in my front yard for putting, and 3 travelers for a total of 26 practice baskets.

Currently have 2 baskets. An MVP Black Hole Pro that I putt on almost every day, which I leave out in the middle of my backyard. And an Innova Traveler that I hardly ever use anymore.

I had three up until recently, when I sold my modified Instep to a local disc golfer in need. I kinda miss that basket, as it was my first "real" basket. After the modifications, it actually caught really well.

Eventually I plan on buying either an MVP Portal, or an Innova Discatcher.

Owned a few and sold many

They all work and cheaper versions will last a long time if you don't leave them outside regularly.

Last edited:
I'm of the philosophy that you don't need to spend a lot of money for practice baskets. You want them to catch decently, but if your good throws bounce out, you still executed and know you executed a good throw.

I often practice putting on an M-14 with some added chains, that catches decently, and an old tri-state that was re-chained, and catches erratically. The important thing in practice is to hit the target. I don't see much difference in that, and when I practice on top-level baskets.

I have a modified Instep basket. I think it was $89 from Amazon when I got it. After I had had it a while I added an inner set of chains. Surprised at how well it catches. I try to putt 10-15 mins every day. I keep the basket inside and throw 10-12 putts about every time I walk by it.

I also have about 2 acres of land which is mostly trees. I have one 210' lane that's about 25-30' wide in the front that I throw on almost every day. Sometimes I'll make 10-12 throws after work and some days I'll make 100 or more. I've lost more discs in my own yard than I ever have on a course. lol. When discs get under the leaves they're tough to find. I raked a huge section in the woods looking for a tbird that hit a tree. Never did find that disc.

I'm in the minority, no practice basket. I am considering the "Titan Disc Golf Catcher Basket Target Portable Steel Chain practice frisbee hole" from Amazon for $109 shipped "
Amazon's wording, not mine. A lot of positive reviews.

Where did you get the mach II's from? Thinking of doing something similar and saw them cheap at Clearwater disc golf.

It was a gift so I'm not positive. For practice, backyard course the Mach IIs are great. Hot dipped galvanized for prolonged outdoor durability. Sturdy. Catch well.

Im happy to say im getting mine in this weekend! Bday present from the wife... shes tired of be breaking sh!t trying to putt across the house into laundry baskets and cat trees. :) i really wanted to jump on the black hole pro but ended up getting the #growthesport basket. Anyone got any feedback on that model? Figured i might have to add some heavier chains.

Latest posts