• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you play alone?

How often do you golf by yourself?

• I never golf alone

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Maybe once every few months

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Once per month

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Once per week

Votes: 70 47.9%
  • Screw people. I always golf alone.

Votes: 27 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I prefer to play earlier in the day so that means mostly solo. Its always more fun when there are friends, good conversation and high fives involved though.

I take a long lunch once a week and play a round. Other than that its always with the wife and sometimes with others.

Due to dg being virtually an unknown in Western Md, I play alone almost all of the time. I enjoy getting together with other dger's when possible. And I really don't mean "screw everyone" when I voted the way I did. :) It's just the closest choice for my vote.

I might have gotten a guy in my fantasy baseball league hooked, though. I've been talking dg up all year and last Saturday two of the guys and one of their sons went out together. The one guy was too competitive for never playing before and got really frustrated quickly. His 11 year old son did OK. But the other guy is the closest thing to a natural that I can imagine. He had played 9 holes once before with his family and at a practice field for 5 minutes one time before it rained. By our 3rd nine he was already getting about 250' with a nice "s" on his drives. And he drained a 30' putt, too.

So maybe I'll have more of an opportunity to share the joy of dg with others more often.

I usually play alone but would like to play with others if possible. I just finished 36 holes by myself cuz I have to play early when I'm on vacation so I can get back to the family and partake in family activities such as shopping. Woohoo;). But if I'm playing in my home area, I usually try to find someone to play with but usually end up playing solo.

Solo early in the morning on weekends and when I am travelling for work. Sometimes meet some good people while I am out there, and find a partner.

I used to play alone most of the time during the week. I still do when I can. However, I have met/played with so many different people that I usually meet up with someone I know when I get to a course. There has even occassionally been times playing alone I have let groups play through. You get to try a lot of different things playing by yourself when you have the time.

On the weekends (non-tourney ones), I usually just send out a mass text message in the morning letting my extended crew where I am playing and usually a few show up. I had a group of nine show up to a new course that "won't be finished until spring". No one else was really there so we played in that group. That's the biggest group I have ever played with. We only had to let one person play through.

I usually play with the same buddy, but I also play alone quite often. DG is a bit of an "oasis" for me, I like the quiet and solitude. I also find I play better because I think I'm more focused, and I usually get into a nice rhythm of playing quickly.

Up until the beginning of this past summer, I'd have said that I play alone most of the time. Since I live less than 1000' from my home course, the last couple of years I tended to get up early in the mornings and hit the course before 7 am, so that I could avoid the worst of the afternoon heat here in Georgia. My son would play with me when I went on weekends, and we'd occasionally meet up with other folks, but only occasionally.

This year, however, I started playing in our local singles action on Monday nights and doubles on Thursday nights most weeks, and have played in several tournaments. And one of my neighbors saw the Ching Disc Golf Gear cap I was wearing one morning when I took my kids to the bus stop and asked about it, so we've started walking over to the course after the kids get on the bus on Tuesday and Friday mornings. I don't have time to get out much more than that with three young children, so I rarely end up playing alone anymore these days -- heck, my wife even joined me last weekend for only the second time ever.

I don't like to do play DG by myself but I do sometimes if I have really been wanting to get out and there is nobody to play with. Nine times out of ten I end up heading out there by myself and then seeing someone on the course and just playing together.

There's no choice for "mostly alone". Hubby works midnights so he plays early in the morning. I work days, so I play in the evening. All our DG friends live 45+ minutes away so they play in their town. We usually gather one night a week or on weekends.

Since I'm in that no-man's land of better than all our women friends but no where near as good as the guys, I don't really mind playing alone so I can work on my drives and approaches.

Last edited:
I get out 3-4 times per week, usually once every week or two is by myself. My gf usually plays with me, and her dad plays with me even when she isn't around. I rarely play by myself without my dog though, so I'm not usually completely by myself. I don't mind at all playing by myself and enjoying playing at my own pace and being able to stop and try different lines on some holes.

Usually play alone. I only have one friend into DG and haven't been able to get my wife into it yet.

You should hit some tournaments. That is where I have made most of my friends. Also, you should see if anyone on the site here lives in your area.

Nearly all of my casual play is solo. Not too many players on the course before 9 AM, especially on a weekday.

I get out 3-4 times per week, usually once every week or two is by myself. My gf usually plays with me, and her dad plays with me even when she isn't around. I rarely play by myself without my dog though, so I'm not usually completely by myself. I don't mind at all playing by myself and enjoying playing at my own pace and being able to stop and try different lines on some holes.

i play alone on new courses lots of times but i like it that way because i take notes and multiple pics on every hole.

Latest posts