• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you travel (stay overnight) specically to play Disc Golf?

travel overnight to play disc golf...

• Total voters
Many times for tournaments. Exclusively disc golf.

Many times for for trips that mixed disc golf with other activities, a few of which the disc golf was a key factor in deciding to go.

Only done it one time on a summer trip to Bowling Green specifically for disc golf. I am looking forward to a 2010 trip to Charlotte for a disc golf weekend though.

If I am travelling, I will see what disc golf courses are in the area, but I haven't planned a trip specifically around disc golf before.

My gf and I try to get out about once a month for a weekend of camping and disc golfing. We're taking off tomorrow after work to head to Michigan for the 3 day weekend to play Flip City and all the Ludington courses along with a few others along the way.

I would definitely travel overnight...especially to the cincy area. We left at 4:30 in the morning and drove two hours to get to Independence. We were teeing off at Lincoln Ridge by 7:00. It ended up being a great (though exhausting) day. I slept like a baby even though it was in a tent on the ground :) That's the best night's sleep you'll EVER get!

I also travel a TON for work, and to keep that from being monotonous, I ALWAYS make it a point to play courses in the area. Gotta treat your mind and body (play) as well as the pocketbook (work). That's why I love this site (but dislike courses loaded with little or no photos). I look for neat and worthy courses to go out of my way to play, and that's how I review them too. As I outlined in my profile, I give points to courses that are definitely worth going out of your way to play. Even in some cases, when I have a late meeting, but there is a nearby 4.5+ rated course, I'll stay overnight or book a later flight to make time to play it. And, I always get a rental car, not take a taxi, so I can do what I want after work. I always look forward to coming home to my Winter Park though!

I usually stay overnight for multiday tournaments more than an 1 - 1.5 hours away and single day tournaments over 2.5 - 3 hours away.

I don't stay overnight to play recreational rounds.

A 4-5 day trip to Austin each March with some buddies. It's a good start to the season, getting at least 3 rounds a day at some of the finest courses in the world.

Haven't made a trip out of town trip specifically for disc golf, but have played rounds at out of area courses when other travel plans take me out of town.

Would like to plan a DG road trip, but to be honest, I'd have to crunch some #'s to keep things affordable.

I do some summer business traveling and stop by the nearest local course before I check into the hotel. If it's any good I do it again on the way out.

I do a few times a year. I'd like to do it more, but that goes for everything DG related for me.

I travel for work, so I bring my bag and play as often as time allows on the road. Got to play twice in SC last week. Shooting for Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC next week and maybe a few TN courses.

My wife and I try to travel 2-3 times a year. I'm always checking this site to see what courses are possible. One thing I'll do is to get up very early by 5:30 or 6 and play a course and then drive back to the hotel before the wife is done putting on her make-up. I try to balance the vacation, touristy things with playing as many courses as possible. This spring we'll be going to Simi Valley, CA for 8 days. I see three 3 or 4 or 5 courses that I should be able to bag within the framework of the vacation. Been married 30 years, gotta keep the balance!

Last edited:
Absolutely!! Do not get to travel as often as I like but 99% of the time if I am traveling it revolves around disc golf.

Went to San Fransico for 10 days last May to visit friends & played 10 courses.

Went to Virginia around Labor Day and played 11 new courses.

Just went to the USDGC and played 4 courses in Charlotte and a round at Winthrop Gold!!

Going to head to Georgia in the near future. Plan on going as far south as the the IDGC in Appling. Will play those courses and a few in between!

Nothing better than playing new courses in new places

Haven't made a trip out of town trip specifically for disc golf, but have played rounds at out of area courses when other travel plans take me out of town.

Would like to plan a DG road trip, but to be honest, I'd have to crunch some #'s to keep things affordable.

I am right there with ya. I would love to travel just for disc golf, but bills come first. I just put my truck in the shop,because its running hot, and they just called me with the estimate and I almost passed out when I heard the total.
:eek:

Latest posts