• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you want this guy playing in your league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunk

Eagle Member
Today I had a guy who was running late. We were supposed to start at 5:45pm but someone had posted that it was starting at 6:00pm. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt since he was talking to his brother on the phone and told him that he was at the corner. I waited and he didn't show. We ended up drawing cards around 5:55pm and didn't tee off until just after 6pm.

The guy shows up as we are almost to our tees and throws a huge fit (he's done this before). He then proceeds to post stuff all over facebook only making himself look worse. On top of it all he had spat on my car because I didn't wait for him.

I had banned him from playing doubles in our local league. What would you do?

I would make a thread about him on a disc golf site.

That's just me, though. :\

For real though, if he's going to be that immature then screw him.

I wanna see a pic..........anybody running a league in the chicago area should see the pic.

man spat on your car almost deserves a beat down. What can you do really? Banned from the league is good. Hopefully the local players will help to shun him if you will. As for the car and possible more backlash from him you may have to be prepared to call the police if the problem persists. There is always the good old fashioned beat down for messing with your personal property. Personally for me you can do a lot of things, but don't mess with my girl, house, or my ride.

how is this league random doubles? could you not have had his brother represent him and hopefully the group he is paling with can start a little later. some of he leagues i have played there was always holes that had back up. just playing the other side of the coin. I stand by my previous post.

I have no sympathy for people who are late to leagues, it was after 6 when he finally showed up, and it's just a week of leagues (with no overall points at stake). I've played in leagues where we waited on people running late (who like this guy were always "just around the corner"), and the problem got progressively worse over time. I've also played in leagues with no tolerance, once buy in is closed nobody else is getting in. People get mad, but they stop showing up late, and I'd rather have one angry person than a bunch of irritated people who showed up on time then waited for someone who didn't.

I wanna see a pic..........anybody running a league in the chicago area should see the pic.

Noeisapig.png

I run a doubles league in the area and if I say we start at 6:00 that means tee off at 6......We draw cards at about 5min to 6. Especially early in the season when daylight can be an issue. I saw all this guys posts on facebook and I saw the picture of the spit on the car..........

Wow.....how ridiculous and ignorant can you get. If you ever need to contact the police on the matter if the problem persists, Jenny got screen shots of his ridiculous rant on Facebook. Its actually kind of funny, but if you played one round (or even a couple holes) of disc golf with this guy you wouldn't expect any less. Just plain trash.......

I have no sympathy for people who are late to leagues, it was after 6 when he finally showed up, and it's just a week of leagues (with no overall points at stake). I've played in leagues where we waited on people running late (who like this guy were always "just around the corner"), and the problem got progressively worse over time. I've also played in leagues with no tolerance, once buy in is closed nobody else is getting in. People get mad, but they stop showing up late, and I'd rather have one angry person than a bunch of irritated people who showed up on time then waited for someone who didn't.

........this........show up on time people. If you can't make it Oh well life goes on, come back next week. When you come late you inconvenience everyone, and when you get mad about it you just make yourself look even more ridiculous

Loogie, luggie...however you spell it or call it. Either way, I had this guys DNA on my car.

Yeah, and I'm not falling your your spelling, I'm saying it seems more likely he left a calcium deposit on your car....:\

This dudes a straight maggot.

Maggot n. The legless, soft-bodied, wormlike larva of any of various flies of the order Diptera, often found in decaying matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts