• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone actually THROW Supercolor Discs?

E-Gabs

I have pondered this for a good second... They seem like more of a collector's item than an actual thrower.

I have a Supercolor Buzzz with a painting by Paul Lewis on it that I thought about throwing but then decided it was WAAAAAAAAAAY too pretty to ever scratch up. I have seen some people at my local course throwing a couple supercolor discs though, so I do think that it does happen.

I believe emac carries around a certain super color disc. For the most part I think they are bad and feel terrible in the hand. Kinda corney at that...

local golfer....whos not to shabby throws full color surges for hyzerflips and rollers...

I threw a beat up Spectra for a while, but didn't like the disc.

Yes. A supercolor Buzzz. This version of the Buzzz, at least the ones I have tried, are stable (as in flies straighter) compared to the Z versions. Although I carry at least 3 Buzzzes (5 now because I am testing a couple Ti versions) in different stabilities I use the straightest one the most.

The downside of the Supercolor process is that it makes the disc slipperier which is most noticeable in cold/wet conditions. I removed part of the art on top with Goof Off so the spot where my thumb rests was no longer slippery.

I threw a Supercolor Surge for a while until I lost it.:rolleyes: It was a good disc and stability on the Supercolor Surges is a 1.5. Normally it's a 1.7 on regular Surges.

I threw a Supercolor Surge for a while until I lost it.:rolleyes: It was a good disc and stability on the Supercolor Surges is a 1.5. Normally it's a 1.7 on regular Surges.

I have a Supercolor Surge that is the most OS driver I've ever thrown. I use it as my thumber disc. Makes FB's look like roadrunners.

The Buzzz's are great turnovers but that weird flight plate makes me not throw them. They just feel too weird in the hand.

I have a Supercolor Surge that is the most OS driver I've ever thrown. I use it as my thumber disc. Makes FB's look like roadrunners.

yeah i had heard the same thing about those surges.. Also it seems like i remember seeing nikko throwing something supercolor in some vidz a few years back

This is good stuff. I was thinking about buying a sweet SC Buzzz, but I think I'll stick with dying Z Buzzzes.

Thanks everyone.

I've found the supercolor buzzz to be slick. A good alternative if you want a nice color custom design but still a good grip is a dyemax esp buzzz from DD. A little pricey but anything custom usually is. The design holds up great to wear also. I've got a reaper design buzzz that isn't faded or coming off and it's been through some wear.

local golfer....whos not to shabby throws full color surges for hyzerflips and rollers...

yeah i had heard the same thing about those surges.. Also it seems like i remember seeing nikko throwing something supercolor in some vidz a few years back

I've thrown two Supercolor Surge's, one was flip-freaking-tastic and the other was the definition of overstable. I enjoy ESP and love FLX plastic, but both Supercolors felt like donkey dick.

I found that Supercolor Surge on a 400+ wide open hole about 150ft up and 20ft in to the woods on the left. My guess was that somebody threw it thinking it would be Surge like and then when it wasn't they either couldn't find it or they just said screw it and left it there.

Mines not slick at all but that's probably because it's so worn. It's useless as a BH disc, okay for some FH hooks and a great OH disc.

Latest posts