• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dog Disc Bags

Hooksdiscgolf

Hey Guys

I am new to the forums but I have been playing for a couple of years.

I designed a bag for my dog and got a bunch of comments at the course. So I thought I would see if anyone might be interested.

I have the prices listed at
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/spo/3631391300.html
but feel free to shoot me an email if you want more info.

Attachments

• DSCN0393.jpg
    DSCN0393.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 172
poor dog. It could be worse though, I've seen a guy making his dog carry twice that many discs on a humid 90 degree afternoon.

That would be sweet but inevitably my dog would end up rolling around on the ground and the discs would fall out.

That looks awesome! But yeah my dog likes to roll around when she finds something smelly so it would not always work with her. maybe if you have a flap holding the discs in or something. I'd be interested.

Nice! My dogs aren't on the course that often though. They either take off into the woods (where they'd lose my discs), or dance in front of the teepad to razz the competition (and me).

Pretty sweet! I've seen few dogs that were calm enough for that to work. I doubt it would be viable on a large scale, but I and see you selling a few here and there.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Just to let you know. My dog is not trained the best but she seems to calm down when I put it on her. It seems to work like a thunder jacket. lol Anyway if the only thing holding anyone back is the fact that it doesnt have flaps to hold the discs in, that is easily fixed. I can add flaps pretty quick and they could be velcro or zipper even. A zipper might up the price a bit but we can work with it.

If anyone is seriously interested shoot me a message or email me at [email protected]

Thanks agian guys!

Hooks

i was thinking the same thing last time out. i'm affraid it would be way too hot. maybe redesign it as straps instead of a blanket. great idea though. maybe just over-the-shoulder and leave it to just ~8 discs?

That's a great looking pack. I have a two-piece Outward Hound pack that I "made work" for my last dog to wear that I'm repurposing. I'm having my boss (who has a professional quality sewing machine) make a bag to fit on the straps. It's going to hold 6 Rattler-height, Zeppelin-width discs with a possible putter pocket on top. I like that yours has the extra pocket. I'm guessing there's one on each side?

Don't worry guys. Despite having a decent package and the remnants of a ballsac, people still call my Smokey a 'she'. It cracks me up. "She? Did you not just see him lift his leg on that tree?"

Last edited:
My dog didnt seem to get to hot, but i always make sure i have water with me to keep her cool. If I made one out of a bright color it may even work to reflect the light rather than absorb it. idk just a thought.

i was thinking the same thing last time out. i'm affraid it would be way too hot. maybe redesign it as straps instead of a blanket. great idea though. maybe just over-the-shoulder and leave it to just ~8 discs?

There is a pocket on both sides and i actually made a water bottle pocket for it but didnt attach it. I wasnt sure about the weight. Ive heard dogs can carry 25% of their weight or so but 16 discs only weighs about 10 lbs max. so I dont think it would be too much of an issue. With my dogs knees though i try to keep it light.

That's a great looking pack. I have a two-piece Outward Hound pack that I "made work" for my last dog to wear that I'm repurposing. I'm having my boss (who has a professional quality sewing machine) make a bag to fit on the straps. It's going to hold 6 Rattler-height, Zeppelin-width discs with a possible putter pocket on top. I like that yours has the extra pocket. I'm guessing there's one on each side?

Don't worry guys. Despite having a decent package and the remnants of a ballsac, people still call my Smokey a 'she'. It cracks me up. "She? Did you not just see him lift his leg on that tree?"