• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Driving Putter

Currently throwing and Classic Roc and Proxy

Have thrown all three of the options you listed, and they're all three great off the tee. You really need to find what works for you. Throw what you have, and if they aren't doing something you want them, then ask for suggestions.

My personal choice would be the Wizard, but all of those you listed are solid. Really can't go wrong.

Can't go wrong with any Envy, but I find I also need a slower putter as well. I go with Rhynos, but a Scale would work just as well.

Wizard and Harp are my favorite combo right now

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I used VIP harps for driving, putts, and approaches. Now I putt pures, but harps and zones are great driving putters if you like a solid fade at the end and like to power grip a putter:) That being said hi with what fits your style and what fits your expectations for a driving putter. All depends on the finish you want.

I pity the foo' that hasn't thrown a Breaker!

if your new you shouldn't be throwing the high speed putters yet.

Get a traditional softish putter. I cut my teeth on the aviar then later a big bead aviar which is more os.

I currently throw the envy. With 20 plus years of experience and a high arm speed this disc still isn't very forgiving for me. But due to its speed and other flight characteristics does things that the old putters can't do.

However, for straight up accuracy and forgiveness in a putter I would throw an aviar/whatever older mold brand you choose.

I love the Harp because It can BH or FH so well. It's an easy snap hyzerflip FH out to about 275-300 and BH you can shape some lines with it pretty well as long, but you know it will finish right!

Lately I've been really Impressed with my Atom. It just bombs. I threw it 340+ three times on Wednesday and it didn't turn or fade much.

Thinking the Envy suggestions may be on to something.

The best driving putter is the one that flies well for you. I like the s line p2 although it's not as stable as a breaker or harp. P2 is similar to my aviars so it fits in my bag perfectly. I also carry a nova for strait to understable drives and approaches due to its feel.

I use an envy and proxy. The proxy takes most of the putter tee shots.
I'm just the opposite. The Envy is my choice off the tee because I absolutely KNOW it's not going to flip on me no matter how hard I throw it. Proxy requires just a little more touch, and I've added it to the bag for shots I want to finish right.

OP, you've already got the best driving putter out there so unless you're unhappy with it for some reason, save your money for finding a midrange setup you love. After putting the approach game is the easiest place to save strokes. If you're hellbent on trying other putters I've thrown a ton off the tee over the years, and the only ones that I would pick if you told me I couldn't have my Envy/Proxy combo would the the Vibram VP (too deep to really be comfortable, but reliably OS), or the Roach I occasionally steal out of my wife's bag. The Roach is closer to a Proxy in flight, but somewhat slower.

Lately I've been really Impressed with my Atom. It just bombs. I threw it 340+ three times on Wednesday and it didn't turn or fade much.

I switched to the Envy because I was tired of replaceing Atoms that I'd banged off of trees. It took some beating, but my oldest Envy flies very similarly to a fresh Atom off the tee now. Dead nuts straight from start to finish but won't flip, and I can get it over 300' on a good day.

Last edited:
I tend to throw the Envy but I'm still pretty new and don't know which ones are the best.

Soft envy is the bomb.

I think everyone throws an Envy so you're good to go.

I use an envy and proxy. The proxy takes most of the putter tee shots.

I throw mostly Aviars but I do love the Envy/Proxy combo.

If you don't like the envy then there's no hope for you.

I do use the Envy and Proxy for approach shots, as well as the Colt and Stud.

Can't go wrong with any Envy, but I find I also need a slower putter as well. I go with Rhynos, but a Scale would work just as well.

The Envy is the greatest disc of all time, so there is that.

The Envy is my choice off the tee because I absolutely KNOW it's not going to flip on me no matter how hard I throw it.

I could be wrong, but there seems to be a theme here.

THROW YOUR ENVY. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I like to keep it simple. I bag three KC Aviars for all my driving putter needs. I cycle them so one is new, one is seasoned & one is beat to crap. My new one finishes left, my seasoned one finishes straight & my beat up one turns over. I like that KC Aviars are popular & easy to get ahold of. I prefer to by my discs in person as opposed to online. My local disc golf shops always have them in stock. Plus they're cheap compared to premium plastic putters, so it's not a big deal if I lose one.

Wizards are amazing off the tee, on upshots, touch fh's, and putters. Greatest p&a of all time.

I use a Vibram Ridge (overstable) and Summit (understable) off the tee. I play a lot of wooded courses. These things are indestructible. They also feel great especially in cold weather (medium blend). I also throw an Ion, but have tried to go minimalist. Maybe not super glidey, but controllable for me.