• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Drone plastics

But is oop. and a bit longer, overlapping your meat hook drivers more. I have been actually leaning toward my extra stable ESP Zone over my drones in the bag lately because they are even shorter than the drone.

"As for the drone"..... To go out on a limb, I would throw a Z cyclone. The disc will get farther than the Drone but is a limited distance disc. The Z cyclone is quite workable and is capable of drone-like finishes.

But that's one of the things I like about the drone. I don't think I can throw it much more than 220-230 feet. It's got a bit more glide now that it's beaten it but is still a meathook. I can smash it as hard as possible and it just isn't going that far. You can work those types of shots with a driver but they require more finesse, plus a driver will skip more. For shots like that, I'd rather throw a Drone.

But is oop. and a bit longer, overlapping your meat hook drivers more. I have been actually leaning toward my extra stable ESP Zone over my drones in the bag lately because they are even shorter than the drone.

i also ditched the drone for the zone.... its getting pretty rough now though... likes to even flip over from time to time..... but for a "putter" if you snap it it flies straight and preditible for a good ways

FLX Drone in Pink is the only disc I asked for this X-mas.... well besides the discraft misprint deal.

i wouldn't go so far as to say that my flx drone is more useful than my glo buzzz, but i sure as hell need it for the majority of shots i find myself presented with

IMO I think the Z Drones are the most overstable of the 3 types of plastic they produce it in. I've owned all 3 and still like to throw the pro-d ones the most. I found the FLX Drone's flight plate to be too floppy to me. Just my personal opinion, but I like the stiffness of the pro-d plastic. They handle the wind fine, even if they are beat in. The only time I ever throw them is of course on a hyzer line, so even in heavy wind conditions when thrown on a hyzer it handles the wind very well. It took me about 3-4 months to beat in my first drone, and I usually play about 4 times a week. Although, I have replaced my first drone as it is too beat in order to do what I need a newer one to do, but it still serves as a great approach disc from anywhere within 175'. With just a little snap it will fly straight and still have that predictable fade at the end. At the moment I have a very seasoned drone and month old drone in the bag, and I love them both!

I don't use my drone often, but love that get out of the trees mess when the basket is still 100 feet to your left. Love the FLX plastic for this disc moreso than any other.

Drone is usually my go to with all the curving fairways at the courses by me. IMO Hornet as you said gets flippy as hell if you try it with a forehand shot or backhand it into wind. Drone knocks that out of the equation and since I have taken the hornet out of my bag. I use a 176g FLX Drone and along with the buzzz I can cover all my midrange/approach.

i use an LE flx drone from the 2008 worlds. i love this disc and would wish it upon anyone. it is dependable, you know what it will do everytime. i throw it both backhand and forehand and it skips wonderfully forehand. meathook it and even throw some anni on your backhand toss and watch it bend through the trees or snake right at the basket. i am telling people this disc is worth the money. guys are buying this disc because they know i have it, watch me throw it ALL the time and want to beat me! and if you dont like it, call me up and we will see about getting it from you

I throw Z drones and they are amazing. I guess you don't like them but they are my favorite. My friends throw the flx drone and love it. i wouldn't get a Pro-d drone, cheap and why have a disc that won't last. I throw my Z drone about 310', that isn't huge but it works well for me......then from 310 to 340 i throw the Z Tracker which is wonderful.

I have a d drone... but it is pretty much a specialty disc for me, and has held up just fine for me in that capacity.

i throw one in pro D that's a little beat i used to hold straight lines before a hard fade, and a flx i use for more bite and short, but dramatic flx shots. i would be totally screwed without them at the courses i play every day and have both become integral parts of my game

At the moment I have a very seasoned drone

The drone in my bag is over 2 years old and has a giant gouge cut out of the rim from an ace run that hit the basket and it it still a perfect disc. I have like 6 more waiting to replace it but can't bring myself to take that warrior out of the bag. :thmbup:

Latest posts