• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dropping Innova for Discraft - what do I throw?

Hah I'm not looking to shave strokes, or fill the bag w Discraft Bc of any pros, and the only way I'm getting any better is if I don't doink five 10' putts a round. I'm just bored with throwing the same stuff that's been in my bag for the last 14 years, and there are so many things in pretty new discs I haven't thrown yet so

Whatever works for you.

I pay for the discs I throw, so I'm brand agnostic. I'm still looking for a bag full of Unicorns.

Predator doesn't get much love any more. I liked it in my overstable fairway slot. Probably more overstable than the Teebird, which I never threw, but might be something you could try.

Predator doesn't get much love any more. I liked it in my overstable fairway slot. Probably more overstable than the Teebird, which I never threw, but might be something you could try.

I think the Raptor kind of unseated the Predator.

I bag very little Discraft these days but one disc that does occasionally come in and out is the Vulture. It is a disc that filled the Thunderbird roll for me. Should also nicely fill the roll of a beat in Predator if anyone loses their favorite seasoned Predator.

I tried running an all discraft bag way back when, it looks like they've filled in the fairways better (it used to be a huge hole XL or Flash) but I haven't thrown new ones. I loved their mids.. Comets still here..

Nuke is good but I don't know if it's a faster destroyer, I always felt like it was a solid disc but a little less stable, force is way more stable but much faster. If you have the jam it's one of the fastest flying discs that just cuts through the air.

I'd like to try an all Discraft bag since I throw their mids/putters. I'd just be replacing fairways and distance drivers.
For context I throw around 400-425' with a star Destroyer & 325-375' with my Leopards & Teebirds.

I have a pretty simple fairway/driver setup.

2x Star Destroyers - 1 old and flippy, 1 new & more overstable.
3x Teebirds - 2 champ that I can throw for hyzers/flips and "straight" shots, 1 star that I use for left to right turnovers.
2x Leopard3's - both for slower anhyzers/hyzer flips.

I think I'd like something a little faster than my Destroyers, and then everything else similar to my current setup in ESP.

So, what am I putting in the cart to change my bag?

I throw...a lot of stuff. I basically want to throw everything I can....just to see. With that said...here goes. I'll try to note where I throw something a lot, or have only tried a little...as that might point to where I just got a whacky run.

2x Star Destroyers - 1 old and flippy, 1 new & more overstable. To me this would be a Nuke (ESP, very similar to a Star Destroyer in my opinion) and a Big Z Zeus...the Big Z Zeus is decidedly more flippy than a Big Z Nuke. There are other random runs of Nuke that could fit this slot...but my goal for you is currently-produced stuff, not a hunt for old runs. I throw Destroyers a bit...but Nukes a LOT.

3x Teebirds - 2 champ that I can throw for hyzers/flips and "straight" shots, 1 star that I use for left to right turnovers. Probably something like a Stalker. 7 speeds aren't my thing much...but I've thrown both a Stalker and a Teebird and they seemed very similar. A Passion likely fits this spot as well.

2x Leopard3's - both for slower anhyzers/hyzer flips. Slightly faster than a Leo3, but a Heat fits this pretty well IMO. Stings fit in this pretty nicely too. Most of my fairways are 9-speeds, I throw Heats a lot for hyzerflips.

I throw...a lot of stuff. I basically want to throw everything I can....just to see. With that said...here goes. I'll try to note where I throw something a lot, or have only tried a little...as that might point to where I just got a whacky run.

2x Star Destroyers - 1 old and flippy, 1 new & more overstable. To me this would be a Nuke (ESP, very similar to a Star Destroyer in my opinion) and a Big Z Zeus...the Big Z Zeus is decidedly more flippy than a Big Z Nuke. There are other random runs of Nuke that could fit this slot...but my goal for you is currently-produced stuff, not a hunt for old runs. I throw Destroyers a bit...but Nukes a LOT.

3x Teebirds - 2 champ that I can throw for hyzers/flips and "straight" shots, 1 star that I use for left to right turnovers. Probably something like a Stalker. 7 speeds aren't my thing much...but I've thrown both a Stalker and a Teebird and they seemed very similar. A Passion likely fits this spot as well.

2x Leopard3's - both for slower anhyzers/hyzer flips. Slightly faster than a Leo3, but a Heat fits this pretty well IMO. Stings fit in this pretty nicely too. Most of my fairways are 9-speeds, I throw Heats a lot for hyzerflips.

So I actually ended up grabbing;

2 passions - 1 glo 1 big Z - I'm really liking this mold, can throw it on an absolute laser with little fade at the end.

2 undertakers in regular z plastic - actually won them in a raffle, and haven't thrown them much, and I'm not sure where they'll fit in, but I'm gonna toss them a bit to see how I like them.

1 ESP Anax for a more stable glidey fairway with a left fade

1 ESP Raptor for a more overstable fairways.

1 Big Z Force, and I have an old AmWorlds 2011 Z Force, neither which I've really thrown too much, but I'm gonna put some field time in this week to get used to them.

Appreciate your input though - gonna grab a couple Nukes once I get used to the Forces.

So I actually ended up grabbing;
2 undertakers in regular z plastic - actually won them in a raffle, and haven't thrown them much, and I'm not sure where they'll fit in, but I'm gonna toss them a bit to see how I like them.

Appreciate your input though - gonna grab a couple Nukes once I get used to the Forces.

Undertrakers are basically straighter teebirds. If the Force is too much disc for you might want to consider a last stable Crank rather than a Nuke.

Undertrakers are basically straighter teebirds. If the Force is too much disc for you might want to consider a last stable Crank rather than a Nuke.

I can push my destroyers out to around 400-425' (when my lower backs not bothering me lol) and I picked up the Forces in 170, so I'm not super concerned about being able to get them up to speed, but hell, I know my local shop has some Cranks in the discount bin right now, I might just pick one up on your recommendation to give it a try anyway. Thanks!