• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest Disc Purchased

Half the discs I buy in the marketplace. Not that they're bad discs, I just don't need them. But. I. Can't. Resist...

epic. it only works if you can already throw a crusher overhand.

I bought this not knowing about the rim........needless to say I was shocked when I grabbed the wide end first thinking..."How in the hell is this legal?" The self tuning instructions are a joy as well.

I will say though you are spot on about the overhand shot. It also does some sick skips but all in all one of the silliest disc every made.

When I wasted my $$$$$ buying the starter pack .......Leap,shark and aviar and bag I might add. Turn and burn!!!! All the discs had to be in the 160's

Not mentioned yet, but for me the Blowfly. I may be the only one who could not throw that classic.

I got a 150 DX Wraith for my birthday a week ago and I fell in love with it. I went to a course with a Pro Shop and picked up another Wraith in Blizzard Plastic and that was a terrible idea.

I bought a Skeeter 3 years ago purely for the name. Threw it maybe 10 times. Finally gave that thing away last week.

1738-glow-large.jpg

speed holes Holes you put in the hood of your car with a pickaxe to (supposedly) make it go faster. These holes may also be installed via sniper fire.

Ned: Whatcha diddely-doin', neighbor?

Homer: Aw, putting speed holes in my car. Makes it go faster.

Ned: Is that so? Well, gee, maybe the old Flanders-mobile could use some

The Epic and the Kite.

The Epic can be launched forehand but i never have ANY idea where it may decide to fly: Traffic, water, straight into the ground...

and the Kite aka as a "Trick Disc" makes a great platebee.

The Epic and the Kite.

The Epic can be launched forehand but i never have ANY idea where it may decide to fly: Traffic, water, straight into the ground...

and the Kite aka as a "Trick Disc" makes a great platebee.

I've seen a few people say this, to each his own. I have three star kites in my bag and I love them. I think though that a kite is a very inconsistent disc across molds to be made, like the Groove and Monarch, all three of mine fly differently but I know what they do.

The dumbest disc I bought was a glow Magic. I took it outside threw it in the dark and couldn't find it.

I'm going to agree with the kite. I just couldn't make that thing not flip over, but I gave it to may little brother who has absolutely no arm strength and he loves it. So, I guess some good came out of it.

I have a buddy who use a dx kite and loves it to throw up and hook around obstacles, he loves that thing but from this forumn it seems to be on the frequent hated list lol

+1 for the Star Katana. I don't even know if I can classify the katana I had as a good disc for anyone. I have the arm speed to throw almost anything, buy my katana would hook so bad to the left for me it wasn't even funny. I lost that thing up at school and thought I was rid it, and someone called me a week later having found it. Told him to keep it, but it sounded like even he didn't want it.

I too have a Groove.

When I started getting into the game more than casually way back when - I bought a whole set of all the different Lightning discs. I threw them for awhile, but now 20 or so of them just sit on the shelf.

Alright, I searched for this and couldn't find anything. What I'm wanting to know is what is the dumbest disc you've bought? I just started last August, but I already have 2 dumb purchases.

The first would be when I was a PIAS and I bought a Quest Raging Inferno. I thought to myself, golf balls fly awesome with dimples, why shouldn't discs? Bad idea. Needless to say, I'm no longer in possession of said disc.

My second would be a Star Katana. Not a bad disc by any means, but NOT a disc for beginners. I kid you not, on it's second throw about an hour after I bought it, it met the tall brush gods and was never heard from again despite 30-45 minutes of 2 people searching for it.

So let me know some of your bad buys!
Raging inferno dt is great for forehand rollers but bad well lets see here t-bone,groove,kite there all trash

ummm totally wrong on that!

Hydra is a putter and is an incredible disc.

Wahoo is a 13 speed driver that gets flippy incredibly fast.

Dragon is more of a floating fairway driver.

Oh yeah. I knew that. I'll use the "I played a few rounds at Dalaiwood over the weekend before playing four other courses so I was exhausted when I typed that" excuse. I'll still stand by the "Neither of those look remotely interesting" statement though.

Latest posts