• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest Disc Purchased

I also own a Champion Groove, and an E-Series Diablo DT.

The champion mamba I bought on clearance at Play It Again Sports...it is the flippiest most inconsistent disc I have ever thrown

when i started i had got an 11x firebird from someone and i loved it for overhands and sidearm, well a friend hrew it and never picked it up. i was pissed and he wouldnt get me a new one cause hes a loser. so i was talking to a guy who had been playing for several years i guess and he told me a viking was just like a 11x but cheaper, soooo being a noob i went out and bought one right away. freekin liar... that was another stupid purchase

Did you mean awful, or are you trying to say it's sh1t? Either way you're probably right :D

My worst purchase was the Frisbee driver that came in the beginner set. At least I only paid $1.67 (the whole set was on clearance for $5).

It tacoed on the first tree hit. I lost it at T2 and never looked for it.
I'm glad someone picked up on that little joke :)

Mine is the Blizzard Plastic.

I won't be purchasing anymore of this stuff.Yes you can get some killer drives with the Boss(was one of my favorites),but they are just so inconsistent.Once you hit hard ground and a few trees the discs feel like you are holding sandpaper.

I'll just stick with Champion and Star Plastic.

Oh and a good trade I just made was for a Vulcan and a Mamba.Two of the best discs I have ever thrown.The Vulcan(my new big distance driver) is Stable and very controllable off the tee and the Mamba goes right everytime with predictability.Also on those really tight right hand shots where you would need a forehand flick I can roll it to the basket instead.

I know this is about bad purchases but just wanted to share the greatness of these two discs.

I started playing early this year after about 6 or 7 or 8 years of not playing; I had been strictly a forehand thrower in the past. I thought I was a power thrower and started buying high-speed discs. Got a Boss and a Wraith and couldn't throw them. Then went back for a Groove and a Beast and couldn't throw them...

I started playing early this year after about 6 or 7 or 8 years of not playing; I had been strictly a forehand thrower in the past. I thought I was a power thrower and started buying high-speed discs. Got a Boss and a Wraith and couldn't throw them. Then went back for a Groove and a Beast and couldn't throw them...

Sounds like you need smaller rimmed discs.

Get a Valkyrie for good straight distance drives and a Gazelle for the slightly stable drives.Once you get use to these discs then you can go back to the wider rimmed discs.

Let's see, when I first started out I got a Star Dart. I really was not a fan of the slick plastic for putting and it was quickly replaced by a SS Wizard which is still in my bag.

Also, not really a dumb purchase since my Opto Fuse is an awesome disc, but it is super pale clearish yellow and does an awesome job of blending in with grass, leaves and bushes. So it is a royal pain in the butt to find sometimes.

I unfortunetly bought a groove thinking it would be a less stable boss. Yeah, that why i throw discraft.
Thx innova for helping me find discraft

DKG Disc Sports - Exodus Line - "A Wing and a Prayer"

has one of those rims that is nonexistent and turns hard out of my hand. bought it just to try something new and found out I should stick with what I know.

Tried their "Hail Mary..." quite unimpressed, and you're correct about their rims; nothing to grip. DKG's extremely unconvetional design means that anyone used to throwing anything out there now, will alost surely have a tough time throwing their stuff. Likewise, because it requires such a different grip (from anything else currently on the market) probably tough to use anybody else's discs if you do become proficient withe theirs. I just don't think most people will be able to alter their grip enough to switch back and forth and throw effectively overall.

Thinking outta the box is one thing. Being so different that being able to use you're stuff well pretty much precludes a good chunk of your sales customer base from using other products seems like business strategy that's doomed from the word "go."

R-Pro Dart, followed by anything else in R-Pro plastic that I bought.
Loves my R-Pro Boss - admittedly, no durabilty, but I love em for long open shots.

Latest posts