• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest Disc Purchased

I think for me it was the nuke +, bc I never threw it and it never gained any value.

The disc I threw that was the worst had to be the ninja from gateway. Bad disc and illegal.

It was probably that Champion Edition Leopard I bought online 11 or so years ago for $15, when me and my friends heard of disc golf. We just threw at posts in my yard as we didn't know anything about any courses or the sport in general. Anyone interested in that piece of junk? Still in pretty good shape...

It was probably that Champion Edition Leopard I bought online 11 or so years ago for $15, when me and my friends heard of disc golf. We just threw at posts in my yard as we didn't know anything about any courses or the sport in general. Anyone interested in that piece of junk? Still in pretty good shape...

11 Years ago?

Dude that is some good plastic.I would hold on to that sucker or at least give it a few more throws. :D

I think I would have to say the dumbest purchase for me would be the DX Roc.....what a horrible disc...it doesn't make a very good midrange and the only thing it's good for is a plate when I happen run out of paper plates. LMFAO!!

thats weird coming from someone named rocaholic :|

The first discs I ever bought were in a Halex starter pack. The "driver" and "mid range" discs were complete junk. The putter was a few steps above complete junk, but now I just use it to toss to my dog in the yard. The driver is in the drink somewhere and who knows where the mid range is. I remember after I bought my first "real" disc and threw it a couple of times, I vowed never again to let a beginner make the mistake of buying one of those Halex starter packs.

Last edited:
Monarch. It's beginner friendly........................................................not

Same here, I tried to use it for two 18 hole rounds, and in total I think I managed to hit over 20 trees on drives alone.

Now, I am starting to figure it out, after leaving it out of the bag for about two months.

BLizzard (X-out Cough) Plastic, not my cup o tea but whatever. I also bought a 1st run Groove NICE!

11x gazelles which are my favorite discs but everytime i see one i have to buy it and not i have a lot of them and cant stop

The first discs I ever bought were in a Halex starter pack. The "driver" and "mid range" discs were complete junk. The putter was a few steps above complete junk, but now I just use it to toss to my dog in the yard. The driver is in the drink somewhere and who knows where the mid range is. I remember after I bought my first "real" disc and threw it a couple of times, I vowed never again to let a beginner make the mistake of buying one of those Halex starter packs.

I too bought the Halex set and totally agree with you. It stinks! The putter was ok but cracked in half when I hit a tree with it. I also steer people away from that brand.

I don't think I have ever had a bad purchase. I found a red champion Destroyer. I decided that the red was too hard to see when in the trees. Instead, I tried to dyed it with a GT logo and the blue background turned out too dark and it became impossible to find it. The next time I threw it in the woods, I just left it

After some more thought, I'd have to say it was the dumbest purchase NOT made. I recently found the DX Teebird and just yesterday got a Champ Teebird. I have no idea why this disc wasn't one of the first I ever purchased. Love those things!

Same here, I tried to use it for two 18 hole rounds, and in total I think I managed to hit over 20 trees on drives alone.

Now, I am starting to figure it out, after leaving it out of the bag for about two months.

Got one of those myself and it's a meathook, despite what it's supposed to be. I'm not a terrible thrower (I throw a 175g Champ Wraith and recently overshot a 378ft. flat ground hole) so I can honestly say there's something horribly wrong with the disc. My friend has one that is sufficiently fliptastic, but if I was going to buy another understable innova driver it would be the Sidewinder. Hated the Mamba too, but more due to personal style than the disc being bad.

130 g blizzard boss, wanted a lighter disc that floats but the 130 was the only disc under 140 they had at play it again. awesome to throw with the wind at my back, otherwise completely useless with any cross or head wind.. I want my $15 back hahaha

Latest posts