• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest Disc Purchased

I bought a Pro Boss as a one month rookie. Needless to say it was good for 150 foot shots that hooked left or right depending on whether I threw forehand or backhand. Then one day I decided to throw it as hard as I could...ended up going close to 275, right into a pond!

I'm sure we've all done it mine were my first 2 discs

Lat 64 GL Halo....pink swirl and a fly dyed Discraft Reaper. Cant throw them for anything but they will sure look nice on the shelf for a year or 2 lol. Wow these disc must be fast was what I thought.....lol...yeah

If only they had used a stiffer blend of R-Pro that molded up flatter, they could have made some nice polecats.

I love Blizzards (unlike most) and have a few of them in my bag. HOWEVER, I purchased a really sick dyed Blizz Destroyer with a killer Ash from Army of Darkness design...for 30 bucks.

Needless to say, the thing throws like garbage. I've never had a Destroyer that turns into a roller after 20 feet. This thing sucks. Looks pretty though.

I purchased a halo a while back and loved it but it was a transparent Brown/ yellow. It was impossible to find even in a field. I also had a groove( like a noob does)

A pro Katana - it's wildly understable. I'm used to throwing NukeSS and over high-speed, understable discs, but this Katana just turns and burns every time. Such a waste...

Gotta second the wahoo vote. Got it for water holes, plus I liked the way it felt in the hand...couldn't do anything with it. Now I just throw something I don't care about

I felt the same way about the wahoo until recently. When I first tried it I could not control the thing at all. Now almost a year later with my form smoothing out I LOVE this disc. I can place this thing anywhere I want to as well as crush big distance (for me). Try this thing out again and throw it with about 75% power and watch the thing soar to new levels

Ti Buzz. I thought the plastic looked cool, but when it arrived it felt super slick and funky.

I purchased a halo a while back and loved it but it was a transparent Brown/ yellow. It was impossible to find even in a field. I also had a groove( like a noob does)

Yeah I love the black GL discs, but there is no way I can thrown them without losing one.

I suppose my least educated purchase probably would be a Z reaper. It was the first disc I ever purchased. I couldn't throw it more than 150 feet maybe. And it was a spike hyzer every throw.

I regret not purchasing a more beginner friendly disc, but I can't say that I regret owning that Reaper. It was a super super sweet fly-dye, and I beat the ever living **** out of that disc until it flew pretty damn straight. I eventually lost it after about 2.5 years, and boy do I wish I still had that thing around just to remind me of where I started. I purchased another reaper later on, but the magic just wasn't there for me and I eventually gave it away.

I regret all discaft drivers, innova mids, and MVP putters. I do love discraft mids, innova drivers and gateway putters. Just picked up a nice new ESP nuke, so far not impressed, first discraft driver purchase in awhile. Love my destroyers!

I regret all discaft drivers, innova mids, and MVP putters. I do love discraft mids, innova drivers and gateway putters. Just picked up a nice new ESP nuke, so far not impressed, first discraft driver purchase in awhile. Love my destroyers!

How dare you smite my mighty Ion and Anode!:D

discraft drivers i forgot about those. tried hard avenger ss was the one that stuck the longest. arguably some of the best mids on the market but terrible drivers.

From another perspective i regret my first pre barry leopard. Thems costed me a lot (thank god i never grabbed a 2nd run ce!) !!! But I love em'

first disc i ever purchased was a champ boss....still have it, but MAN.... idk what I was thinking.

The first time I ordered discs on-line I bought a lime green FR Destroyer 168 thinking that would be my go to driver. It never was. But for a hard left turn it was the bomb and it helped me get my one and only ACE. The other dummest was the Epic. Never Ever threw that thing.

Groove

/thread

so when I started disc golf, i went to Play It Again Sports.

I came back with a Groove.

And a Quest Defender (illegal) and a Quest Turboputt (illegal).

Then I got a Quest 10 Meter Brick.

lets just say I've come a long way since then...and I still haven't decided which among them was the worst purchase.