• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64, and Westside Discs "Buyback" Affiliate Program

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer

Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64, and Westside Discs are excited to present to you a new opportunity that will set your retail store apart from the competition. We would like to introduce the opportunity to be a part of the Buyback Affiliate Program. This program has been successful in several different established retail stores with high foot traffic around the country. We believe that it provides a superior level of customer service that gives customers confidence in purchasing at your retail store instead of elsewhere.

What is the BuyBack Affiliate Program?
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase of a disc from Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64, or Westside Discs, bring it back within 14 days and we will replace it with whatever disc you want in the store of any brand.
•Must have proof of purchase
•Excludes misprints
•In store purchases only
Why would/should I do this?
Being a member of the Buyback Affiliate Program will set your store apart from the competition by offering something that no other store offers. It instills repeat customer interaction and a superior level of customer service for your store. It also encourages your staff to engage the customer.

What do I do with the returned discs?
The best practice that we have seen is to sell these discs at a reduced price and/or on a used rack of discs. Based on current returns/exchanges at the Dynamic Discs stores, we anticipate that you will experience somewhere around 10-25 discs in exchange during a three month time period. Some of these discs will have just a couple throws while others will show visible wear.

www.dynamicdiscs.com/buyback

:popcorn: um... really?! Need more details for sure but I don't get it at all.

It's not the worst Idea I've heard.

Do they have a history of sending retailers stuff they didn't order on a regular basis? What was the need for this to be implemented.

Yeah will be curious to see how it unfolds. A disc just isnt that expensive and seems like a hassle for in store sales. Why would a store like PIAS do this when they buy used and sell those?

I figured I'd read about some sort of kickback from the manufacturer, or having the retailer send them back. I don't really get it either.

There would need to be compensation for the retailer to do this. This only benefits the manufacturer and hurts the retailer.
Maybe there is something more to it....

Last edited:
specially in the long run unless a big discount is offered to those who qualify. seems to screw online buyers too lol.

nd we will replace it with whatever disc you want in the store of any brand.

Any brand? Non-Trilogy brands? That's crazy. Crazy like a fox maybe.

*Goes through a store's entire stock of Kings looking for one that still fades some*

seems to screw online buyers too lol.

This is probably one of the main points of doing it, to attract back some customers. Why pay more and have to leave your house when you can get it to your door cheaper (...yes I know there are some other good reasons why).

you still would need to go back within 14 days which is a BS return policy
makes me want to just destroy a disc within a few days and see what they would say via return. wonder if GGGT will jump on it.

maybe this is just a big April fools joke?!

Could be a viable model depending on how the DD - retailer deal is with this.

I could see DD giving the retailer a credit for a returned disc and letting them keep the disc to sell as used. Not sure what retailers are buying a DD disc for but say it's $8 and they sell at retail for $15, I could see DD giving the retailer a $2-$3 credit (lowering their cost to $5-$6) maybe they could still sell a used disc for $8 and still make a profit on it. Of course, works better for premium plastic.

Yeah, I also say wtf??

Dynamic is basically saying "hey retailer, we want you to set an insane return policy and if you do we will do nothing for you. Sound great?"

Dynamic is simply trying to do something different, the only people that will return a disc are those that need more stable american made plastic. two years ago new players were buying innova and discraft from their local sports outfitter, it is all trilogy now. Trying to build a trust with new customers and players once again is very forward thinking from trilogy.

They've been piloting this program in a few stores for a while now. I'm fairly certain the retailer gets a major kickback on returns in the program from trilogy. I think it's a cool idea, why is everyone acting like this is so insane? A 14 day ironclad return policy isn't unheard of in other industries.

Most, if not all, successful major retailers offer a no-fault return policy (with a receipt).
Not really a crazy idea, just unusual for this industry.

Sure, you'll have some people who "play" the advantage, but the overall affect will be more sold discs.
The mind says "It's okay to buy the speed 25 mother of all distance drivers, I can bring it back if I don't like it", but you know that very few people will bring it back.

It's not insane if the retailer has some financial incentive to participate. And that has to be the case, otherwise you're just asking retailers to accept back used merchandise that can't be resold as new for the original price.

Key thing is that retailers aren't being forced to do this. That's why it's an "affiliate" program.

If a store is willing to buy back or offer some sort of return policy, that's on the store management. They can do that with or without manufacturer permission. But if they do have a return policy, all this program means is they get to slap a fancy "Dynamic approved" tag on it.

This isn't a big deal. At all.

This would have been awesome for when I first started playing and knew nothing about discs. I bought a Surge that I had no business buying, and turned around and bought a Stalker after playing one terrible round with the Surge. Would have been nice to not be out the extra money, and yeah, I would have respected the place for doing that for me.