• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Eagles Crossing Skins Match

I kinda disagree about too much OB for Pros. This card was throwing off the tee knowing there are three other guys who can push. If this were a tournament, tee shots would be placed more carefully and they would be more practiced on lines.

For the casual player, I don't ever want to see OB.

The problem is that the amount of OB in a tourney scenario would reward safe chip it around golf because it's too punishing too often for the aggressive plays. I would rather watch aggressive disc golf versus 300-350 shots playing to stay in play/not make a mistake.

Like hole 1 at Jones Supreme. I don't tune in to watch pro disc golf to watch people jump putt off the tee box or lay up putts from the drop zone. That's not entertaining. When the OB gets too severe players will play for par because it will be the smartest way to score low over 72 holes.

The problem is that the amount of OB in a tourney scenario would reward safe chip it around golf because it's too punishing too often for the aggressive plays. I would rather watch aggressive disc golf versus 300-350 shots playing to stay in play/not make a mistake.

Like hole 1 at Jones Supreme. I don't tune in to watch pro disc golf to watch people jump putt off the tee box or lay up putts from the drop zone. That's not entertaining. When the OB gets too severe players will play for par because it will be the smartest way to score low over 72 holes.

I thought pros always played for lowest score in tournaments, not just if there's too much OB, wind or trees.
:D

I thought pros always played for lowest score in tournaments, not just if there's too much OB, wind or trees.
:D

Guys would certainly adapt to playing safe for sure at this course which isn't fun I don't think for the majority to watch. If you have plenty of woods and narrow gaps then you don't need artificial OB to make it tougher.

I keep hearing/reading that the owner of the course saw a tourney and was inspired to build this course. It had to be GMC, right? This place looks like a combination of Fox Run and Brewster Ridge with a couple lakes added.

They definitely need to clear up some random trees on the woods holes.

This course highlights the problem with DG woods courses ( though its basically the only type of DG i enjoy watching ) - un-defined fairways with random trees.

Woods golf needs to be as clean as possible, and step away from as much RNG as possible.

But i guess that's nothing compared to all the unnecessary OB that riddles the whole course. God i hate OB.

Watched the F9, it's good for skins, but I don't think it will be a great tournament course. I could be wrong.

Referring specifically to the OB.

The other aspect of OB, at DDO, they used it because of limited space. Or it can actually help a player by allowing them to move to a playable lie. Not my favorite, but OB should be used more sparingly IMO.

I think they mentioned a second more wooded course is in the plans for the property. Even with two courses, from what I know about Highbridge, I'm not sure if it competes with that property yet.

It's about an hour and 20 from Harmony Bends if you want to make a loop, and it's on the edge of the St. Louis area if you want to loop that way, though I don't think anything in St. Louis is a 5/5, though New Melle, La Vista, and potentially Bunker are 4.5s in my opinion.

I think Highbridge has (or at least had) 7 courses on the property that all hub off of the main parking/lodging area.

I used to live in Columbia so I'm pretty familiar with Harmony and a lot courses in the area. A disc golf road trip is a little different than a destination place like Green Mountain or Highbridge (and a lesser extent, Sandy Point) where it's a resort area based around disc golf. It sounds like Eagle's Crossing might get there some day, but as of now it's not appealing enough to pencil that one in on my trip list.

I think Highbridge has (or at least had) 7 courses on the property that all hub off of the main parking/lodging area.

I used to live in Columbia so I'm pretty familiar with Harmony and a lot courses in the area. A disc golf road trip is a little different than a destination place like Green Mountain or Highbridge (and a lesser extent, Sandy Point) where it's a resort area based around disc golf. It sounds like Eagle's Crossing might get there some day, but as of now it's not appealing enough to pencil that one in on my trip list.

Completely agree - Highbridge would be my pick between the two if I was in the middle.

peqf7drmsjx81.jpg

IMO it almost makes up for Climo being a lil b-word at Pittsburgh worlds and pushing him out of the top 3.

Latest posts