• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Element Discs Iridium

So proto 1 has a warlock bottom and became the Iridium and proto 2 has a voodoo bottom?

You got it.

Both the Element & RDG PnA class feature Gateway mold bottoms, our thumb contour top & a thinner flight plate.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a Iridium or a Serpent, or both.

I need to get an Ir, but I am really looking forward to the voodoo bottomed disc.

I need to get an Ir, but I am really looking forward to the voodoo bottomed disc.

The Plutonium I believe is what they're calling it.

I've thrown the Proto and it's also quite awesome. Straight stable like the Serp but just a touch of fade. 2, 2, 0, 1 would be my flight numbers

I really like the scale thumbtrak, and also love me some voodoos. The voodoo really has a special place in my dg'heart.

I'd be interested in one of these. (But don't need to buy any discs with the little amount I've played lately.) I will definitely keep an ear out for the review!

The more I type, the more I really want to buy one now... :p

Plutonium (voodoo base)

Yessir - Plutonium will be the voodoo bottom - i personally have been throwing it for every putt for the past 2 months and love it. we are #'ing it at 3,3,0,1...

It'll be out soon!

The Plutonium I believe is what they're calling it.

I've thrown the Proto and it's also quite awesome. Straight stable like the Serp but just a touch of fade. 2, 2, 0, 1 would be my flight numbers

a few weeks

We are a few weeks away from the release - that'll give you some time to get back out and play, and then justify getting yourself a Plutonium! :thmbup:

I really like the scale thumbtrak, and also love me some voodoos. The voodoo really has a special place in my dg'heart.

I'd be interested in one of these. (But don't need to buy any discs with the little amount I've played lately.) I will definitely keep an ear out for the review!

The more I type, the more I really want to buy one now... :p

Grab an Ir

Grab an Ir. The reviews have been great - people are loving the disc - especially for driving - folks here are hucking 250ft straight with the slight fade at end and loving it!

all 4

not a bad idea to bag a Scale, iridium, Serpent, and (soon) Plutonium
They complement each other well and give you a full range of feel and flight.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a Iridium or a Serpent, or both.

I know I am excited to get a Plutonium to compliment my scale. The voodoos compliment the wizards better in my eye and have a feeling this will hold true with groove tops as well.

Great even through winter

I've been throwing the Iridium through the winter and it performs wonderfully. Cold weather and winter winds have been no problem. Short controlled anhyzers or long gliding hyzer lines, very consistent.

proto3 and proto4

So, the protos are interesting. I love the idea of releasing them to the public in prototype format for some serious feedback before we bring them into production (or unfortunately not into production if need be)

Proto3 is a nice OS mid with flight #s about 5,4,0,2 - it is nice and flat, the plastic in the proto run is pretty stiff. It has a nice, smooth release (leaves the hand nicely). It definitely has a solid fade on the end to give you that finish you would expect when throwing an OS mid.

Proto4 is a US mid with flight #s about 5,4,-2,1 - it has a great shape and a beautiful flight. I am really liking the proto4 on specific shots on our home course (Heckscher on Long Island). The flight is smooth and predictable.

For those interested - grab a pair here -
http://www.elementdiscs.com/store/p325/Proto3_and_Proto4_Mid_Range_Bundle.html

So, the protos are interesting. I love the idea of releasing them to the public in prototype format for some serious feedback before we bring them into production (or unfortunately not into production if need be)

Proto3 is a nice OS mid with flight #s about 5,4,0,2 - it is nice and flat, the plastic in the proto run is pretty stiff. It has a nice, smooth release (leaves the hand nicely). It definitely has a solid fade on the end to give you that finish you would expect when throwing an OS mid.

Proto4 is a US mid with flight #s about 5,4,-2,1 - it has a great shape and a beautiful flight. I am really liking the proto4 on specific shots on our home course (Heckscher on Long Island). The flight is smooth and predictable.

For those interested - grab a pair here -
http://www.elementdiscs.com/store/p325/Proto3_and_Proto4_Mid_Range_Bundle.html

What kind of plastic will these be available in?

**edit**Nevermind.. I obviously didn't read entirely and also, now see the other thread for the mids. ��

Last edited:
Just got my Ir in the mail. First of all, awesome stamp art. Secondly the discs feels great, will be throwing today and will give a more detailed analysis of my thoughts!

So far, hand in hand next to a warlock, I much prefer the feel of the Ir (which follows in line with how I feel about the Scale/Wizard and Serpent/Magic).

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Just got my Ir in the mail. First of all, awesome stamp art. Secondly the discs feels great, will be throwing today and will give a more detailed analysis of my thoughts!

So far, hand in hand next to a warlock, I much prefer the feel of the Ir (which follows in line with how I feel about the Scale/Wizard and Serpent/Magic).

Has a chance to throw my Ir this weekend along with a stack of other new stuff. The iridum is a great flier. I prefer it more for driving than for putting and it is just a hair shorter than my chief OS on pretty similar lines. I will keep throwing them side by side, but it may take that slot if it proves to be more consistent than my chief.

Definitely a good disc. I think of the four remakes of the gateway molds by RDG and Element this is the best driving. (for me)

So anybody who had an Ir for awhile, how do their flights change as they age?

Latest posts