• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGN for 2022

Not a fan of the Tallahassee MPO coverage. Course itself looked cool, but Thomas Gilbert's monotone voice cracking every 5 seconds got old real quick. He was good talking about the lines you wanna hit but physically listening to him was rough.

Not sure who the other guy was, but I didn't care for him either.

Not sure who the other guy was, but I didn't care for him either.

Chandler Fry. He's a touring pro. Gilbert was definitely the better of the two. Both could use some polishing. I don't think DGN is doing them a too many favors by recording it all in one take but this seems to be the standard for post production.

These guys may not be ready for prime time but history says that announcers do tend to get better with practice. Uli was really unlistenable for the first couple of seasons he was announcing. Now he's got a pretty smooth delivery, even if he can be a bit childish.

Round 2 was some dude named Kevin Kiefer, not Chandler Fry.

Pretty much right away he talked about Tamm's "neg 11" first round and my skin just crawled. Dunno why it bothered me as much as it did. Just some of the things he said didn't come out right.

Uli was really unlistenable for the first couple of seasons he was announcing. Now he's got a pretty smooth delivery, even if he can be a bit childish.

Uli is still unlistenable. His shtick got real old, real quick, and it hasn't gone away.

Is DGN consistently putting Jomez's card as the second card to undercut their viewership? I gotta say I'm less likely to watch Jomez tomorrow due to seeing most of Ricky's round live. If they had had Calvin's round instead of gatekeeper I'd be much more likely to tune in.

It's also gotta be advantageous to Jomez to do an earlier card, all things being equal. More time for production turn around.

Last edited:
Is DGN consistently putting Jomez's card as the second card to undercut their viewership? I gotta say I'm less likely to watch Jomez tomorrow due to seeing most of Ricky's round live. If they had had Calvin's round instead of gatekeeper I'd be much more likely to tune in.

It's also gotta be advantageous to Jomez to do an earlier card, all things being equal. More time for production turn around.

Quite the opposite, actually. They are giving Jomez a different first round feature card so people who watch the live coverage have a reason to see the post produced coverage also. You get clips of other cards but you're not seeing every shot from every player if they aren't on the DGN feature card. This has been going on for a couple seasons, if I remember correctly.

Quite the opposite, actually. They are giving Jomez a different first round feature card so people who watch the live coverage have a reason to see the post produced coverage also. You get clips of other cards but you're not seeing every shot from every player if they aren't on the DGN feature card. This has been going on for a couple seasons, if I remember correctly.

Penultimate card is covered fully on DGN as long as players are in contention. If you watched DGN yesterday you saw pretty much all of Ricky and Uli's rounds. They just stopped covering Hammes and Carlsson once they fell off.

Penultimate card is covered fully on DGN as long as players are in contention. If you watched DGN yesterday you saw pretty much all of Ricky and Uli's rounds. They just stopped covering Hammes and Carlsson once they fell off.

Definitely didn't feel like it, and it's probably because of how it's weaved in between the feature card. Felt a lot more like you'd see the great shots but not *every* shot. Seeing it more cohesively as a whole card makes it more memorable.

I am absolutely fine with not seeing every throw from someone on the lead card if they drop off the pace. If DGN has enough cameras to follow hot shooters from other cards then they should.

While it's not very common it stinks to watch a lead card final 9 (recorded round) and not get to see any shots of the tournament winner who was on the 2nd or 3rd card. (this happens more often with smaller tournaments and the smaller media networks)

Dear DGN please have your camera people stand in more players runups, get rid of the over the shoulder shots I want on the shoulder shots, and please linger uncomfortably longer on a player after they miss a shot and then be sure to follow them around as they try to ditch off camera!

Dear DGN please have your camera people stand in more players runups, get rid of the over the shoulder shots I want on the shoulder shots, and please linger uncomfortably longer on a player after they miss a shot and then be sure to follow them around as they try to ditch off camera!

:clap:

... or walk to the restroom.