• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ezra Aderhold PDGA #121715

Ezra will probably remain a big draw. People like Zach Melton, Eric Oakley, Nate Perkins, Brian Earhart, and to a lesser extent Uli and Big Jerm, get a lot fandom and attention for their presence more so than their play.

He dropped out because of food poisoning

*I dropped out of DDO*

Unfortunately I got food poisoning on Tuesday night which led to horrible stomach cramps and vomiting throughout the night. I tried throwing shots before my tee time on Wednesday to warmup but it was almost impossible to rotate through my shots because of the stomach pain.

I traditionally follow an almost completely whole food plant based diet but on Sunday I bought some prepacked meals and fake meat. Big mistake. This is what I got the food poisoning from. I'll stick to beans going forward����

I was really wanting to play the tournament since I feel like the courses suit my game very well ��. Sorry to anyone that was wanting to get a signature or picture with me, I wish I could've been there.

Also my instant pot works!! I've already made a pot of beans��

That's not true; you could read the PDGA message board and try to follow all the drama of North Carolina disc golf, figure out how you throw an MRV, or wait for rouge members of the PDGA BoD to stir up trouble.
So true. So true. And there was always the Devilhawk thread.

I think that may have been one of the early keys to his being such a social media star. Most players are picked up way earlier than Ezra was. He had numerous top 20 finishes on tour, the A Tier win at Belton, and a few top 10s... without a disc manufacturer sponsor. That doesn't happen too often, and led to a lot of speculation, a lot of interest. On top of that, as mentioned, he got out there on social media and took advantage of it.

I think if he'd been on Team Discraft or Team DD or something through last year he might not have got as much of a boost.

It doesn't hurt that, compared to many pro-athletes, let alone pro DGs, he is built like a Demi-god. Great personality, humble but seemingly outgoing. Even his speech impediment just adds to his uniqueness and seems to work in his favor, from a social media presence perspective. Just seems like an all around great guy.

That's miserable. Hope he feels better quickly.

Based on social media posts that I saw, it seemed that he didn't notify anyone in charge that he wasn't showing up?

Fake meat could mean heavily processed too...at some point it probably ceases to be actual meat lol.

The closest I ever came to calling 911 for myself was when I had food poisoning.

I ran a tough mudder at Michigan International Speedway and they had a water obstacle right next to the porta potties and it poured rain. The nastiness from the portas made its way into the water and my wife and I got so ill. I have never puked more in my whole life and I actually felt like I was going to die. It was the worst experience I have ever had and I am a teacher...

My wife and I tried veggie burgers probably 20 years ago. I think they were "Boca" burgers. Anyway, they weren't very good. My wife ate one and said no more. So I ate all three others from the pack. I didn't get sick. Oddly, though, I did get a buzz. That was weird!

The impossible burgers and tacos I've tried are pretty good. If you are not a vegetarian they aren't lower fat or more nutritional though.

If you are a Vegan an impossible burger will taste amazing....
If not, it reminded me of a school cafeteria burger.

I live in a place where this stuff is everywhere. I get the whole Vegan thing, i dont get the goo-formed-into-stuff thing. Although, a food truck or restaurants can only charge so much for "whole" vegan foods(people know how much veggies and the like should cost)...but once you start to make things with goo, you can charge 15$.

Latest posts