• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fairfield Park, Round Lake

Redesign efforts get underway on Monday and Tuesday. I've got a few aspiring designers coming by to watch and help. We're going to video the process and see if we can eventually put together an educational video on some aspects of course design.

I could possibly swing down on Tuesday or next week Thursday also if you don't mind another tagalong aspiring designer . . .let me know if that is ok.

No problem. I'm thinking that Thursday after Christmas might be better since Tuesday is iffy at this point.

Chuck, Brett and anyone else involved with this project,

Thank you VERY MUCH for your continued efforts in transforming Fairfield into Squaw Creek.

While there is much work to be completed, we can already see that a top notch disc golf course will be in our backyards soon. :clap::thmbup::clap:

were-not-worthy.jpg

Chuck or Brett . . . I have a couple of slower more normal weeks coming up and could easier step away for a day. If any work is being completed and I can be of any assistance please let me know. I stillr eally want to see as much as I can about the design and install (in this case remodel) processes.

Brett I was with Chuck on the walk through this spring so I know a lot about what was discussed in terms of fairway shapes and such.

I also have equipment and tools that I would be happy to bring along and help out with.

Let me know.

Mike Harrington

The Park Dept is in there with heavy equipment right now. I'll be coming thru in the third week of June to check it out and see what final tweaking might be needed.

I would love to come out for your walk through chuck, keep us updated when you know your schedule. :thmbup:

Will do. My aunt and uncle have their 50th anniversary on weekend of June 23rd near Detroit. So I'll be driving thru Fairfield to review either Thurs before or Wed after that event.

I finally had an opportunity to get back to the course for league on Saturday morning. I have not been there in the last 6 weeks.

It looks like the Round Lake Area Park District has been busy out there! :clap::clap::clap:

I'll be reviewing the clearing work done so far this Thursday starting around 9am and staying most of daylight. Will also be there Friday morning if needed. I already have a few throwers coming along but others are welcome to join in during the day.

I think I will take the time to come down again Chuck, You caught me right before I start my next applications of fertilizer, so my schedule is a little more free.

I meet with Park Dept next week to finalize plans for Phase 1 basket relocation and rerouting to take place as early as possible this spring. Looks like Phase 2 with 13 additional basket purchases to include the five new gold holes on the other side of the power line easement plus upgrading to dual baskets on several other holes could be ready to go by mid-summer.

Very cool, I can't wait to come back through the area next summer and check it out!

I meet with Park Dept next week to finalize plans for Phase 1 basket relocation and rerouting to take place as early as possible this spring. Looks like Phase 2 with 13 additional basket purchases to include the five new gold holes on the other side of the power line easement plus upgrading to dual baskets on several other holes could be ready to go by mid-summer.

Assuming they can get any work done this spring. Usually a lot of that course is flooded during the spring, especially towards the back. This past spring was an anomaly because of the mild winter and the dry/warm weather in March/April.

Its worth the wait.......just think of all the gas money you are going to save now when you want to play a beast

Latest posts