• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

City Lake Park- Redesign. Albemarle NC

Not really. I only can work out there about once a week and last monday(5/19) was the last time I was there. Bryon has been at work and done some clearing on another hole. Because of the limited amount of time that we can put into the build it will be slow going as far as updates and progress.

I've been plugging away for some time on this one so I thought I'd add some updates.

All Fairways on the front have been cut and cleared and we played the front today wit ha portable basket. Baskets will be in the ground shortly though the course still requires plenty of work.

I'm sorry to Old Dog and BroDave for not posting workdays here. I forgot completely about this thread. I'll post some before/after pics shortly

Hole 3 before and after.

Hole 3 before and after. around 240' from the longs

Attachments

• Hole 3L (2).jpg
    Hole 3L (2).jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Hole 3 day 1.jpg
    Hole 3 day 1.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hole 5. Long pad is a round 350ft

The first 2 pics are from the same direction and you can see the field in the direction of the teepad behind me putting. 3rd pic is a different angle.

Attachments

• Hole 5 G (2).jpg
    Hole 5 G (2).jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Hole 5 Pat Putt.jpg
    Hole 5 Pat Putt.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 13
  • hole 5 putt D.jpg
    hole 5 putt D.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 14
Hole 6 tee before and after. Around 270' from the longs.

Attachments

• Hole 6 L.jpg
    Hole 6 L.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 15
  • hole 6 drive.jpg
    hole 6 drive.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 15
Hole 6 green before and after. Yes he is standing where the treeline used to be

Attachments

• Hole 6 FW.jpg
    Hole 6 FW.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 13
  • hole 6 putt.jpg
    hole 6 putt.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 17
Hole 8 teeshot and hole 2 green.

I'll get some more pics next weekend.

Attachments

• hole 8 day 1.jpg
    hole 8 day 1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Dudley putt hole 2.jpg
    Dudley putt hole 2.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 12
Worked and Played some more today and made adjustments in a few places.

Course is ready for baskets but we are waiting doe final parks approval

Got park and rec approval to install baskets and the baskets arrived today. Gonna cut put some last min adjustments and bring in railroad ties and install a slightly raised basket this weekend and then install baskets within the next 2 weeks

Going to start a bridge build today and hopefully finish it next weekend. I will also start building up teepads on slopes.

I plan on installing baskets on the new 9 on DEC. 27th

So what baskets are up? Just the old 9 currently? I'm due for a trip down there, I haven't been to Albemarle in awhile.

So what baskets are up? Just the old 9 currently? I'm due for a trip down there, I haven't been to Albemarle in awhile.

Yessir. Parks want us to leave the old 9 in until we get the new 9 refined. We have 2 bridges, 3 staircases and a teepad or 2 to build up.

Basket install will be on the 27th no matter how far along we are because I'd like to start getting some play on the course and beating it down

You should hurry up and finish it. Then you can do an am league once a week and get it broken in while you're finishing building up and installing the concrete pads. What's going on with the back 9?

Yessir. Parks want us to leave the old 9 in until we get the new 9 refined. We have 2 bridges, 3 staircases and a teepad or 2 to build up.

Basket install will be on the 27th no matter how far along we are because I'd like to start getting some play on the course and beating it down

You should hurry up and finish it. Then you can do an am league once a week and get it broken in while you're finishing building up and installing the concrete pads. What's going on with the back 9?
yeah that's the reason the date was set for the 27th because you wanted to start the league in January. I'm trying my best to get it done as soon as possible.as stated earlier in the thread the Back 9 wont start until the front 9 is completed and in the ground.

Sarcasm Font :|

yeah that's the reason the date was set for the 27th because you wanted to start the league in January. I'm trying my best to get it done as soon as possible.as stated earlier in the thread the Back 9 wont start until the front 9 is completed and in the ground.

Merry Christmas to all of you!!

It's been a great year and it's time to cap it off right. Tomorrow around 10 myself and a few otherswill be out installing poles at City Lake Park for the new 9 hole/front 9 layout and thenplaying a round at Fox Chase. The more the merrier!!

Then Saturday morning around the same time the true Christmas gift of a new course!! Installing the chains and hardware and playing the innagural round on the new layout!! All are welcome!