• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

City Lake Park- Redesign. Albemarle NC

Can't wait for the new design. I too live in Mount Pleasant and don't get the what a burger love. The patties are on the skimp side. Any chance MP could get a course of our own?

Can't wait for the new design. I too live in Mount Pleasant and don't get the what a burger love. The patties are on the skimp side. Any chance MP could get a course of our own?

I'm not sure. There really isn't a park property that is a good fit for Disc golf in town or nearby.

However in the more distant future there is a 300+acre piece of property on Mt pleasant rd that has been purchased by a conservancy group that may one day turn into a public park if it is bought by the county or town.

this is a 10-20 year plan thing if it happens at all but maybe one day.

We've started working just a little on a few holes. Just lopping out some of the small stuff on finalized holes. Still have to walk the park with the Director one more time to go over what the exact plan is. Plus we are still designing a little and finalizing. Major work will commence in the next month though

We've started working just a little on a few holes. Just lopping out some of the small stuff on finalized holes. Still have to walk the park with the Director one more time to go over what the exact plan is. Plus we are still designing a little and finalizing. Major work will commence in the next month though

If you guys have any set work days I'll try and come down some time if it's on a weekend.

Post the work schedule here. If I'm available I would lend a hand. Maybe some others from the area would also if they new the schedule.

I plan on posting here as well as many other pages

To my way of thinking the redesign here takes nothing away from the original layout other than the unsafe holes. There will still be 9 more open holes that will be great for beginners and more advanced level players via two tees per hole. Then there will be 9 more holes added mostly in the woods with great terrain. Take em or leave em. It's a win situation for all of us.

To my way of thinking the redesign here takes nothing away from the original layout other than the unsafe holes. There will still be 9 more open holes that will be great for beginners and more advanced level players via two tees per hole. Then there will be 9 more holes added mostly in the woods with great terrain. Take em or leave em. It's a win situation for all of us.

Sounds good to me, I like a balanced course. I'm not one of those "every hole must be thickly wooded" guys, although my pale skin would prefer it during the Summer.

One of the holes will feature a tee down near the spillway of the dam. There may be an opportunity to get wet after a hot summer round. (disclaimer) Although I am sure that would not be approved by the authorities.

The way that water rushes you may be found downstream unless you can fight the current like the brim do

will there be a deck and one of a kind benches?

...you know jones park here in my neck of the woods has two decks now.

Started work last Monday. 7/9 holes on the front 9(phase 1) have been cut and dragged. There may be 3 or 4 more trees that will require chainsaw work on these holes but for the most part they are looking great.

Just a few more days of cutting and clearing(I only get out there once a week) then we'll add stairs, level out some tee areas, dig some sleeves and this place will be throw able.

Latest posts