• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fantasy Disc Golf – The 2012 Season **Official Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a team in our league with zero points.

Team get down

Team owner is Dustin

who is this?

Special Circumstance #4
Person B wants to join our league late, after one or more tournaments have already passed. I don't have a problem with this but any scores your team may have made on tournaments previous to joining our league will not count.

Points are up... but there's a glitch where it lists Ulibarri as having not played, so it's using substitutes- so I am showed as scoring 2 more points than I should have, and our league leader is shown as scoring 6 more points than he should have.

Yup. Same boat for me. You didn't pick Will as your alternate, did you?

I did notice that ulibarri glitch before the tourney started. his name was in someone else's place because the city/state were wrong and the rating was like 967. I thought maybe it was his brother or something, but i wasnt picking him this time anyways

I just looked at it and it has his name with a 965 rating and he shot -5 . . . does anyone know if this was paul ulibarri or if this was a PDGA number mistake. I assumed it wasnt him when I made out my team. It actually says it was jeremy rusco!

This is getting interesting.

The PDGA results show Paul in 8th:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/77733

Yup. Same boat for me. You didn't pick Will as your alternate, did you?

Bradley Williams - so I'll go from his 95 points to Uli's 93 points. I think the real top 3 overall should be:

Team Sweden : 1145 pts
You : 1144 pts
Me : 1141 pts

Is there a payout schedule posted somewhere?

here's a rough draft.

below is a rough draft of the payouts for this tour. it is subject to change.

1st, 7 discs
2nd, 6 discs
3rd, 5 discs

4th, 3 discs
5th, 3 discs
6th, 2 discs
7th, 2 discs
8th, 1 discs
9th, 1 discs

top 9 baby! that's where you want to be!

here's our current leaders:
1st The bcr123psu's Team 564
2nd Team Sweden 563
3rd Chunder Down Under 559
4th Big Weekend 553
5th Luke's Team 552
6th hipster's Team 548
7th Avus' Team 546
8th Steven Clark's Team 539
9th Team HyzerBomb 539
24th Team Brall 498

here are the current place settings after the second tournament.

Place DGCR Name **** FDG Team Name **** Score
1 Marksen **** Team Sweden **** 1,145
2 bcr123psu **** The bcr123psu's Team **** 1,144
3 bneely **** Chunder Down Under **** 1,141

4 Big Weekend **** Big Weekend **** 1,136
5 LukeF **** Luke's Team **** 1,130
6 Avus **** Avus' team **** 1,128
7 stevetclark **** Steven Clark's team **** 1,121
8 gcr_russell **** Team HyzerBomb **** 1,118
9 DSCJNKY **** DSCJNKY's Team **** 1,117
10 Usher **** Usher's Team **** 1,113
11 what'shisname **** what's team **** 1,107
12 atl scott **** Condor Revolution **** 1,104
13 lapants **** Lapants' Team **** 1,099
14 harr0140 **** The Disc Golf Experience's Team **** 1,097
15 baileyt1212 **** Bailey's Team **** 1,095
16 Jsurmann **** JS **** 1,092
17 biscoe **** Drive By Huckers **** 1,089
18 ejvogie **** Eric Vogelpohl's Team **** 1,085
19 kcoates **** kcoates **** 1,085
20 Brall **** Team Brall **** 1,084 FAIL
21 jcf5083 **** jcf5083 **** 1,069
22 E_Rock25 **** Team E_Rock **** 1,058
23 roadtripstuff **** roadtripstuff's team **** 1,044
24 Mseaton **** Silly Hats Only **** 1,040
25 discdoh **** Greg D'OH's Team **** 1,033
26 hipster **** hipster's Team **** 1,032
27 TrippinBill **** TrippinBill's Team **** 1,005
28 Wood Pecker **** Wood Pecker's Team **** 995
29 FredVegasDGC **** Team FredVegas **** 990
30 ferretdance03 **** Dancing Weasels **** 953
31 HmRnKngJC25 **** Jeff Coates' team **** 920
32 Maine focus **** Team focus **** 663
33 jaybob **** Evil Ewoks **** 615
34 jcrab66 **** Team jcrab66 **** 579
35 Ripper **** NickT's Team **** 511
36 gregorvn **** Greg's Team **** 485
37 whitechocolate **** whitechocolate's creamy smooth team **** 434
38 Elderberen **** Elderberen's Team **** 394

note that we have 38 players now. pkbeast's team isn't showing on the fdg site. since he had a zero score prior to this i'm not going to deal with it.

pkbeast, if you want back in, please let me know. in my opinion you should now wait for the second tour.

i'd be beatin all of you like redheaded. blond and brunette stepchildren if I could of put my picks in for the memorial :D

I'm going to whip Team Sweden so badly, he'll have no choice but to seek comfort in the arms of gorgeous blonde Swedish supermodels.

And based on earlier posts in the thread, I shouldn't trash talk bcr123psu using the Sandusky approach, so I'll just stay quiet on that subject :)

I think most people have the strategy figured out now. The swings aren't going to be as big as the last tournament. However, The top 23 spots are within 100 points so there might be a bit of shuffling. Although, I predict that the scores will be tighter together for each of the next tournaments. It would have been nice to have the strategy down in the first tourney (top few spots knew what they were doing at the get go) to get a good head start on the pack. I'm still hoping for a payout spot though.

I think most people have the strategy figured out now.

I really think the league would be more interesting/competitive if the scoring was changed for the FPO slot.

A scoring option that was tied to something like percentile of finishing position would make a lot of sense for the women, e.g.:

8 pro women enter the field

Percentile finishes, and corresponding points for each place:

1st = 100% = 100 pts
2nd = 87.5% = 87.5 pts
3rd = 75% = 75 pts
4th = 62.5% = 62.5 pts
8th = 12.5% = 12.5 pts

As opposed to the current system, where you can tank the FPO ratings, pick the woman who finishes in 8th, and still earn 93 points, while allowing yourself plenty of ratings cap room to pick any 4 MPO you want.

If a scoring system like the above was in place for the women's field, more owners might start going with the Val Jenkins / Paige Pierce's of the world, and then actually have to do some ratings cap juggling with their 4 MPO options, looking for "sleepers".

^^^SHHHHHHHH! :D

But yes, your percentage method would need a bit more strategy. Right now the cost of choosing the lowest points woman is too cheap. There will be some shuffling but I'm guessing only minor movement unless one of the top pros s***s the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts