• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fantasy Disc Golf – The 2012 Season **Official Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI to the league commissioner . . .not sure if you intended this or not (and it is totally up to you), but by placing a value of 100 points on the womens division you are rewarding people for picking the lower pro women as they can only lose 19 points from the winner at this point because there are 20 women signed up. If you set the scoring a different way you can basically make it 1 point for each person whoy our picks beat, so in this instance womens open division would only be worth 20 points while the mens open division would be worth 98 points for the winner.

Ill play under any set of rules, but wanted to make sure you intended this

If anyone doesn't have a ton of points left in their memorial picks feel free to pick me (Graham Russell) as your closer.

I had picked you for one of my leagues as my #4 pick. I figured someone that finished 32 last year and was an Arizona native would know the course well.

So don't let me down....

I wish the first round wasn't 2 weeks away, I'm ready to see this work.

I just finished my picks. I picked nikko, nate, and schusterick along with gcr russell for the men and catrina allen for the women

Just an FYI to the league commissioner . . .not sure if you intended this or not (and it is totally up to you), but by placing a value of 100 points on the womens division you are rewarding people for picking the lower pro women as they can only lose 19 points from the winner at this point because there are 20 women signed up. If you set the scoring a different way you can basically make it 1 point for each person whoy our picks beat, so in this instance womens open division would only be worth 20 points while the mens open division would be worth 98 points for the winner.

Ill play under any set of rules, but wanted to make sure you intended this

this is a very excellent point. thank you.

LISTEN UP:

Which scoring would everyone prefer?

- Position.
Players receive one point for each player they beat or tie in their division.

or

- Fixed Score.
First place receives 100 points.
The first place golfer receives the points specified. Second receives one less, third receives two less, etc.

my thoughts are that the 100 point fixed score allows you to treat a smaller tournament just as importantly as a major tournament.

however, as harr brought up, this does impact how you may choose your female players.

LISTEN UP:

- Position.

or

- Fixed Score.
The first place golfer receives the points specified. Second receives one less, third receives two less, etc.

my thoughts are that the 100 point fixed score allows you to treat a smaller tournament just as importantly as a major tournament.

however, as harr brought up, this does impact how you may choose your female players.

Could you do the fixed score for the men's division and the position score for the woman's division.

LISTEN UP:

- Position.

or

- Fixed Score.

At this point you can't change the scoring by divisions, but you could adjust your divisions. If you see the scoring as a problem, don't do FPO this event or do 3 MPO and 3 FPO or something similar.

I would still do Fixed Score. The 'cheat' we thought of with the current scoring is to make your Captain your women's pick. :hfive:
-Brooker

I joined in when it was a free league but am in for the disc betting setup as well. What are the rules with the discs? Just a random disc of my choosing? Something special? New/used?

Team name: what's team

hello what'shisname, welcome.

the rules are in the opening post, but they are outdated. i sent a pm to bcr asking with an update for it. when it gets updated it will read as:

This season will consist of two tours just like last year.

Tour #1:
Starts - 2/29/2012 - The Memorial Championship
Ends with - 6/22/2012 - Minnesota Majestic
Tour #2:
Starts - 7/6/2012 - Madisonville Open
Ends with - 10/3/2012 - United States Disc Golf Championship

Prizes will be sent out at the end of each tour. I will kick everyone out of the league after the first tour and everyone will re-join for the second tour that wants in. This will reset everyone's league score to zero. You do not have to play both tours.

Everyone that joins is agreeing to send one disc per tour that meets these three conditions; unthrown, PDGA approved & in great condition.

If you agree to join this league on this thread then you will be expected to pay out at the end.

Payouts:
Last season, Biscoe had the payouts for 16 people as
1st place received 6 discs
2nd 4 discs
3rd 3 discs
4th 2 discs
5th 1 disc
This was a nice payout ratio and I will most likely mimic this in some way.

At the end of each tour I will assign at random who you will be sending the discs to. PLEASE, Please, please send the discs quickly to your assigned person. Do not wait long periods of time, that is bad etiquette and it makes Technohic cry.

NOTE TO ALL: be careful about changing your team name without telling me. i will be clearing out all teams that have not officially 'joined' on this thread probably the day before the tournament or after (or when i get to it) /shrug.

i of course will use commone sense. if you change Team Brall to Brall's Ball's or something like that, I'll still put 2 and 2 together.

just fyi.

N the end it doesn't matter we all play the same rules each tourney but it takes stategery to take advantage of idiosyncracies like the one I mentionwd

Status
Not open for further replies.