• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Disc (Mid - Quarterfinals)

Favorite Mid

• Shark

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Coyote

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Skeeter

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Roc

Votes: 78 31.7%
  • Cro

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Comet

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Buzz

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Drone

• Squall

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Core

• Total voters
50'th vote for Buzz =D

Switched over from the Roc, haven't looked back since.

Buzzz is back up by one, but it doesn't really matter. This is only the quarters, and they will both obviously move on to the Semis. Right?

Buzzz is back up by one, but it doesn't really matter. This is only the quarters, and they will both obviously move on to the Semis. Right?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they'll both be in the finals, and it'll be a close vote, just like last time, and the time before that, and the time before that,... If it isn't, it'll be because of the TeeBird.

They're just too damn dependable for those that throw each kind to have it turn out any other way.

Polls are closing Monday at 11:59, then the top 5 from each catagory will be put into the last set of polls to determine the winner.

So if you haven't already voted for your favorite, do so now.

(as for some discs being in the wrong catagory, I'm sorry about that. I am not a disc genius and just tried to determine what catagory each disc should go on by where people put them in their nominations.)

The Roc and Buzzz debate will never end, I was a Roc guy until I found my Buzzz and have loved it ever since. I still do pull the Roc out of my bag every now and then for certain shots, but it doesn't compare to my Buzzz.

Wow didn't realize how close the race is between the Roc and Buzz that is what it should be though.

I just wasn't sure what the rules for advancing were.
I'm not sure, either. I really have not been following it much. If there is a way for both of these discs to be in the finals, that would be interesting. If there is going to be only one mid in the finals, that will muddy the water a bit. The Roc guys are not going to vote for the Buzzz and the Buzzz guys are not going to vote for the Roc. They will transfer their vote to the winner of some other category (TeeBird, anyone?) before they will vote for the "other" mid.

At any rate, I think the Buzzz has the only realistic chance of any non-Innova disc to win a category. That makes the diversity fan in me root for it, and I throw Rocs.

I'm not sure, either. I really have not been following it much. If there is a way for both of these discs to be in the finals, that would be interesting. If there is going to be only one mid in the finals, that will muddy the water a bit. The Roc guys are not going to vote for the Buzzz and the Buzzz guys are not going to vote for the Roc. They will transfer their vote to the winner of some other category (TeeBird, anyone?) before they will vote for the "other" mid.

At any rate, I think the Buzzz has the only realistic chance of any non-Innova disc to win a category. That makes the diversity fan in me root for it, and I throw Rocs.

I think that gateway could make us all :eek: in the putter area. I believe it should be all Wizard/Warlock/Magic/Voodoo vs the Aviar and all it's molds though. Not fair to combine all aviars vs gateway's singles imo.

Today is the last day to vote on the polls, they will be closing at 11:59 pm Pacific Time. After that, the top five discs in each catagory will be put into the final round of voting, after which the top disc in each catagory will be crowned.

Thank you for all of your participation.

If there is only one of those two in the finals, i'll easily vote for whichever one it is. I would hate to play a round without a roc and a buzzz in my bag.

Speaking of which, runnaman, could you explain how the final finals are going to work? Will there be a putter, mid, fairway, and driver in the finals? or will there be 2 of each or what?

I wasn't planning on having a final of finals, people have done that too much in my opinion, so I decided to keep it catagorized and just stop at crowning the top disc in each catagory, but if you want, I could take the top two from each catagory and put them into one poll.

I just don't want people complaining that their disc didn't make it. :p

I just don't want people complaining that their disc didn't make it. :p

That's inevitable. Despite some people being unhappy, no disc would come anywhere near the amount of votes as the two front runners in this poll. As of 11:43 tonight, the Buzzz and Roc are tied with 69 votes. Even with all the love/hate, there's no denying they're the two best discs ever made.