• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Pro

Steve Gutenberg.. what? He plays right? lol j/k

Eric McCabe.. real cool dude! I haven't really met any others, but I also like Nikko, and of course the champ, Ken Climo!!

gotta give some love to the Frizzaks: Sjur and Bard Soleng ... both sponsored by Innova and Discraft, respectively ... Norwalk, CT Disc Golf Rules! Also the original home of Billy Dunne, one of the top 5 rated amateurs headed to worlds this year ...

got to meet Schwebby at the 2005 Windjammer, 2006 and 2007 MSDGCs, and 2009 Eric Yetter - just a great, down to earth guy.

I'm just getting to know who today's top players are. There are so many good pros out there.

But I have to say my favorite pro is Ken Climo. Only because I knew him back in the late '80's, early 90's when he won his first few championships. He would stop by Barnett park and throw with anyone that was there. Especially the months before the old Florida Triple Crown tourney.

There are so many big distance throwers now but to see him launch a 450'+ throw with a Whippet back then was something to see.

I haven't seen him since about '94 so I don't know what he is like today but he was a nice guy to me when I was first getting in to DG.

Met and walked with McCabe's group at the Crowley Dynamic tourney...cool dude. Ulibarri was so humble, I didn't realize he was a pro until they announced his name. Nice Guy.

I got to meet Nikko at the Ozark Mountain Open this year. He was a really cool guy I think he sometimes gets a bad wrap because he is so serious and competitive during tourney rounds, but he really is a cool guy to talk to. I would have gotten to play a round with him after the tourney round, but it started raining.

I have not met any other pros besides Nikko. My favorite pros to watch play based on videos are Cale and Markus Kallstrom. Kallstrom can bomb.

My favorite pro is Feldberg. I watched him play at the Brent Hambrick Memorial and he played awesome. Spoke to him afterwards and he was totally down to earth.

My favorite female pro is Val Jenkins. I was amazed at how far she can throw.

I've only met a few pros in my short time playing the sport. I've met Avery Jenkins, Mike Moser and Nathan Krahn at the Eric Yetter tournament at Tyler State Park. I walked the entire round with Avery and Mike being their spotter during some of the long difficult holes to tell them if they were in bounds or out of bounds. Avery was such a nice guy and willing to talk about everything from the discs he uses ,to form, to all trveling he's done. Moser is a riot. Since Moser is from Delaware and that's where I grew up we had a little more in common. He was very approachable and was amazing to watch. I've never seen anyone besides Nikko hit so many sick putts in one round. Moser was making putts from all over the place, around trees, on the elevated baskets. It truly blew my mind. It was really fun seeing Avery bomb a Destroyer and try to cut the corner on hole 27 at Tyler. He came up just short but there is only one guy I know of who can cut that corner and that's Glen who's a regular at Tyler. I only met Nathan because everyone was like "there's Nate Krahn," go and say hi because mosxt likely you won't see him again." Nate was a good guy and very approachable. I didn't get to see Nate play but I'm sure he played great. I would say Avery and Mike are the coolest so far. I guess I have to wait to see who I meet next in the future. I would love to see Shultz, Feldberg, Climo and Nikko all come to the Yetter this year. I bet they would really enjoy playing Tyler when all the pins are in C and playing over 11,000 feet.

Moser is a riot. Since Moser is from Delaware and that's where I grew up we had a little more in common. He was very approachable and was amazing to watch. I've never seen anyone besides Nikko hit so many sick putts in one round. Moser was making putts from all over the place, around trees, on the elevated baskets. It truly blew my mind.

mike is the best putter i have ever seen from 40 and in (and one of the best farther out)... cam todd is/was the best long putter i've ever seen... and i've seen quite a few of the greats other than the latest generation (nikko, et al)