• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Tomahawk Disc?

i have a z flick for thumbers and situational shots and bomb the aerobie 450 for distance w/ suprisin accuracy. The aerobie is pretty tough to throw in HIGH winds but once the throw is learned it brings a distinct advantage.

I had been using a Star TeeRex for my thumbers, but recently tried a Star Firebird at the suggestion of some guys I played with a few weeks ago. I can't believe the increase in distance. I was probably hitting 260'-270' with the TeeRex and I am well over 300' now with the Firebird. And it is deadly accurate!

Used a boss this weekend and wow... love the boss for this throw. A must try.

I grabbed a DX Teebird and its now my favorite to throw overhand.

I use a champ Xcal max weight, and i'm working at getting enough snap to get my epic to flip and then glide, but...just killing the arm for now.

I am a big fan of the Starfire, it is the only reason I keep it in my bag
the starfire is a baddass disc if you cant find any other use for it u dont deserve to have it :p just kiddin i like it for tomahawks too but dont use them because they are my main drivers and dont want to lose them.

Just curious, why dont you like them as a driver?

Don't know how I've missed this thread for the past couple of days...

I want to just reiterate the Epic for tomahawks (though it's crap for about everything else)- I think the reason it's so good is that it just turns over so much faster than any other disc. When some discs turn 180 and Epic is turning a full 360 and coming in at a steep and accurate angle. I love it. It's interesting to hear about the Boss, I'll have to try that out next time I play.

I usually thumb and not tomakawk. Star Firebird for distance and Star Teebird for close range. I also use my Rhyno for approaches that I don't want to turn all the way over.

You really need to just try all your discs and see what works best for your throw. Understable discs flip faster, overstable turn slower and will stay in the air longer. I use a XXX for max distance since it's very overstable, and a trident or striker for shorter shots that need to flip faster.

The Epic isn't the only disc that will flip 360, anything that's very understable will do the same flight. I use a Vision, but a beat valk, leopard, etc will do the same flight, just throw it really high and hard.

prefer something that doesn't flip so quick myself. with huge distance. boss or destroyer for me. they both flip way late and carry further.

but my all time favorite tomo disc is a max weight KC pro roc:thmbup:

love the pancake tomos you can throw with those.

t-bone or beat up dx beast

Latest posts