• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Understable Mid?

Favorite Understable Midrange Disc?

• Stingray

Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Meteor

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • Comet

Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Glide

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Wolf

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Stratus

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Element

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Coyote

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Hawk

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 32 21.5%

• Total voters
goldline core goldline core goldline core goldline core goldline core goldline core goldline core goldline core :thmbup:

You know, I use my goldline Core as a stable mid, but I bet it could handle an anny well. It's the perfect mid.

I thought about the Core, but it seems to me to be closer to plain old stable. Not understable, not overstable. Just stable.

i just fell in love with my 168 goldline core again today. pinned hole 3 at Huntington Beach three times today with it.:

250ab3de.jpg

released high and hot and with a touch of hyzer and it flexed out oh-so-nice!

I have a feeling that my Core is gonna get used a lot more once it warms up. That's probably the only thing I don't like about it, the grip. It won't be nearly as big an issue in warmer weather. Lately I've been reaching for my Warrior (which is a getting broken in nicely), or my Demon for more fade. Both are in the excellent Sure Grip, which has basically the same grip as a soft Gateway putter. My Core flies about the same as my Warrior. I'm sure the core will maintain this flightpath much longer. Both are 177.

Last edited:
It all depends on the players ability. My Stingray is a better arm's Core. I love the Core, but for me it is a neutral or stable mid. For some arms a Roc or Buzzz is their stable mid. And for bigger arms Roc/Buzzz/Core are understable mids. It's like school all over again. A bad question gets bad answers/results.

Stingray for me but a Cobra works too when I don't need quite as much bend. A Stratus is pretty close to a straight swap for a Cobra. Haven't tried the Meteor or Glide but they sound intriguiging. Might have to see if I can find one of the Goldline Cores you guys speak of, I could use something that goes dead straight without much low speed fade at the end (which precludes my Roc). I'd use a Classic Roc but I just don't care for the grip any more.

There is always a consistent flaw to understable polls. People will always want to vote for their beat-to-chit disc.

I'm just being picky, but I wouldn't call the comet understable. I think it defines what a true stable disc should fly like.

That being said, the comet is also my favorite hyzer/straight/turnover/anhyzer midrange. :D

Latest posts