• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] FD/Fairway Disc/Dark Rebel/Hawkeye

The banshee would sell well if beefy teebirds didn't exist and firebirds weren't better.

Lol the original tooling of the c line fd2 I always felt like was pretty close to a banshee3, as long as you had a flat one.

If you want a 7 speed Firebird, try to get an EXP-X. I use it much more than a firebird because I want the fade but I don't want my disc skipping in to the green at 40mph.

If you want a 7 speed Firebird, try to get an EXP-X. I use it much more than a firebird because I want the fade but I don't want my disc skipping in to the green at 40mph.

When I go camping I always like to make s'mores around the fire at night. Not everyone who goes camping makes s'mores but if you're going to make them the big marshmallows work best.

Sorry, I figured if we were going to discuss things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand then I might as well share.

I was responding to the comment regarding Banshees not being OS enough, and the other reply mentioning that people just use Firebirds anyway.

Sorry I was just trying to round out the discussion with a recommendation. Not trying to ruffle the feathers.

I was responding to the comment regarding Banshees not being OS enough, and the other reply mentioning that people just use Firebirds anyway.

Sorry I was just trying to round out the discussion with a recommendation. Not trying to ruffle the feathers.

My bad. Just busting your chops a little. It wasn't anything personal. Just me being a smart a$$.

in this in the bag, hailey king describes the hawkeye as a 9-10 speed, something in between a fairway and distance driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6dnbkJwbAM

I mean, to be fair, an FD has the same rim width as an Undertaker which she was throwing recently and is labeled a 9 speed. Adding to that a lot of people find it goes far for its speed and I could see people calling it a 9-10 speed (even though it isn't).

In replying to this thread I noticed that the Fairway Disc and Power Disc are no longer registered under Innova Champion Discs but rather Innova Factory Store on PDGA.

bHwiJfK.png

Attachments

• bHwiJfK.png
    bHwiJfK.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 18
I always thought FD's were longer than a leopard or teebird. I'm assuming she made the 9-10 speed remark based on the distance she's getting with it.

Side note, seems like I've noticed in videos and other places lately those 9-10 speed control drivers are now being lumped into fairway driver status. Not that it really matters what type of driver they're considered, just seems that control driver is being used less and less.

Has it been discussed that the Hawkeye is a different diameter? Pdga specs are messy but how could they get that wrong? The rim to diameter ratio is different, it's a different mold... right?

I mean, to be fair, an FD has the same rim width as an Undertaker which she was throwing recently and is labeled a 9 speed. Adding to that a lot of people find it goes far for its speed and I could see people calling it a 9-10 speed (even though it isn't).

I see "speed" as aerodynamicity (thats probably not how it is conjugated but whatever), i.e. how well it cuts through the air. You could have a 1.9cm rim but one is 4cm inside rim height and the other is 1cm, easy to say which has more speed.

Glide then is another thing. I remember when the FD came out (Copenhagen Open S-FDs) and it was the first time glide 6 actually made sense. They just didnt want to stop flying. Didnt make me want to see a bigger number for the speed though. A faster disc just gets there faster, and isnt slowed down as quickly.

I see "speed" as aerodynamicity (thats probably not how it is conjugated but whatever), i.e. how well it cuts through the air. You could have a 1.9cm rim but one is 4cm inside rim height and the other is 1cm, easy to say which has more speed.

Glide then is another thing. I remember when the FD came out (Copenhagen Open S-FDs) and it was the first time glide 6 actually made sense. They just didnt want to stop flying. Didnt make me want to see a bigger number for the speed though. A faster disc just gets there faster, and isnt slowed down as quickly.

This makes me curious as to what would happen if a putter/mid was to be made with a 2 cm rim width, instead of the typical 1-1.4cm.

It's apple sauce to orange juice.

It's an FD. The original. Hasn't this been established already?