• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feldberg interview from Japan Open 2010

Damn, man. I guess that's a pretty good argument for keeping your nails trimmed. He's a beast for playing through with that anyway.

Parks said:
He's cocky.

Ya think? I love how he dismisses all of Nikko's accomplishments and basically says that Nikko Isn't his nemesis because anytime Nikko has beat him it's because Feldberg let him :roll: We have a large contingent of players with attitudes similar or worse around here and it really gets old after a while.

I know we here at DGR frown on disparaging threads about folks but FFS what a huge douche! just give the kid some respect for beating you and move on, easy as that

maybe Nikko doesn't shake his hand because he says shit like "Anytime he has beaten me in head to head play, I threw it away"

Silly drama. I have heard some less than nice things about the guy, but I will never stop idolizing the way the man throws a disc. I will have to watch the video sometime tomorrow, my computer (whose mother-board was constructed in 2003) doesn't like streaming video well anymore.

Stuff like this is the reason that I try to avoid interviews with "celebrities" or ever meeting anybody whose accomplishments I respect (sports, music, TV/movies, my professional field, whatever) since there is a good chance they will be a knucklehead and that will kill my enjoyment of their accomplishments.

Of course there have been those amazing people that make you respect them even more because of how generous or humble they are so you take the hits with the misses.

From what I hear, both Nikko and Dave tend to be tempermental and whiney. I didn't find it a great surprise that they have issues. There's vid on youtube of Dave from his worlds win in 08 <tearing it up in the semis> and nikko is behind him mocking his putting motion.

Animix said:
From what I hear, both Nikko and Dave tend to be tempermental and whiney. I didn't find it a great surprise that they have issues. There's vid on youtube of Dave from his worlds win in 08 <tearing it up in the semis> and nikko is behind him mocking his putting motion.
I want an avatar of this.

riverboy said:
Animix said:
I want an avatar of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaEGpDP0T4E&feature=related

~1:56

It doesn't really look like Nikko is mocking him in that video.

Looks like he's just screwing around trying to get a feel for what Dave is doing.

I know Nikko can be poutey and whiney, too, however. Like someone else said, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they didn't get along.

one of the few big time pros that I've had the pleasure of meeting a few times, and is ALWAYS pleasant and must have a photographic memory to remember names and faces is Schwebbie ... just an all-around decent guy to hang out with and play a round with. Not too mention he's an amazing golfer.

Schweb seems like an awesome dude, as do the majority of pro disc golfers.

I love how Nikko and Dave have this little thing going on, I think that it makes for great golf. I can't stand whiners, as I am sure most people can't, but it will make worlds and the other NT more fun!

I've torn off a fingernail before and I can say it is friggin' painful. I can't imagine how he was able to throw with an injury like that. I know a lot of folks don't like Feldberg's personality etc. but he is undeniably a good player and apparently tough as nails (pun intended). I didn't really see this interview as Feldberg whining I saw it as him being honest and candid (with a good bit of ego thrown in). but come on every sports star tends to have a healthy ego. at least he's not referring to himself in the third person.

keltik said:
I've torn off a fingernail before and I can say it is friggin' painful. I can't imagine how he was able to throw with an injury like that. I know a lot of folks don't like Feldberg's personality etc. but he is undeniably a good player and apparently tough as nails (pun intended). I didn't really see this interview as Feldberg whining I saw it as him being honest and candid (with a good bit of ego thrown in). but come on every sports star tends to have a healthy ego. at least he's not referring to himself in the third person.

Good Point

Latest posts