• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FINALLY: a new Mystery Ranch bag!

Hold on!? Guys on here give you their honest opinions (that you asked for) on a product you throw up and when 95% of the feedback is negative you tell US to get over OURSELVES??? I think almost every response was on the level. Definitely not clueless as you insinuate. Respectful of a solid company but almost all said they didn't like the bag for disc golf WITH legitimate reasons. If you're going to get butthurt over constructive criticism that you asked for then maybe you picked the wrong person to tell to "get over themselves".

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said, Jerry.

Get over it Andy, I've seen you stand behind some stupid products In the past (clothing if I remember correctly) but this atrocity takes the cake. It looks beyond useless, and at that price point I'd laugh you right off my porch if you tried the door-to-door approach.

I would ALMOST rather throw my money away on a salient product than even be seen wearing this.

images

Honestly to me it seems like someone made a very weak attempt to take a bag that was designed for one thing and try to prop it up as something else calling it a new name. As a few of the other guys on here commented, it probably is good for some things but disc golf doesn't seem to be one of them. If you and your family (kudos for getting the family involved in the sport) like them then by all means, have at it and more power to you, but don't come back in here and insinuate that the guys here are morons because 95% of us don't like it.

Okay, Chuck Norris could carry his discs in a walmart bag and I'd be fine with it, I mean, he's freakin' chuck norris. You know he has a .357 like pmatt1969 in that pack. But Hogan and Santa Claus at a mall in July (or whoever that is) need to find a mirror.

Wow. Threads like this really emphasize how clueless most forum goers are. You would laugh at someone if you saw them on the course with this, yet you fail to realize YOU are the weird ones to 99 percent of discers, with our backpacks and stools and whatnot.

Pure silliness. I talked to some of my MT friends and these are already selling and selling well. Get over yourselves, DGCR.

For the record I laugh at anyone in a fanny pack. Disc golf or not. I don't know about where you live but here 99% of disc golfers use a bag made for the game and it's the 1% that don't care or need that and maybe use an old bookbag or just carry a few discs with them in their hands.

I will agree on the pure silliness part. Any disc golfer who wants to add that around their midsection and throw with up to six discs attached to them is silly. Unless the idea is to take it off and strap it back around your waist with each throw. :eek:

You are certainly free to your opinion of them and this bag just like the rest of us. You're not new here...I don't know what you expected out of a thread with the first disc golf fanny pack.

Did you see the one where the guy wanted money for his plastic belt clip that held two discs on your belt?

Totally over myself and I hope they sell a ton. I'm sure they didn't lie to you. I just think they might be mistaken as to who is buying them. They probably aren't disc golfers but people who already enjoy a good fanny pack for hiking.

If I see one person here who buys one, uses it for disc golf, and honestly says it's a great investment at $60 I'll make a personal apology to you for offending you so deeply with my opinion. :popcorn:

Wow. Threads like this really emphasize how clueless most forum goers are. You would laugh at someone if you saw them on the course with this, yet you fail to realize YOU are the weird ones to 99 percent of discers, with our backpacks and stools and whatnot.

Pure silliness. I talked to some of my MT friends and these are already selling and selling well. Get over yourselves, DGCR.

Does this bag have any features that make it good for disc golf other than having the ability to hold discs?

Well it does come in a sweet camo so if you're on the course being stalked by a rabid deer you can melt into the foliage and escape being hoofed to death. That's probably worth $30 in itself.

Get over it Andy, I've seen you stand behind some stupid products In the past (clothing if I remember correctly) but this atrocity takes the cake. It looks beyond useless, and at that price point I'd laugh you right off my porch if you tried the door-to-door approach.

I would ALMOST rather throw my money away on a salient product than even be seen wearing this.

Siiiigggh....and out comes the wolves.

Well I opened this can of worms, so I'll address this one at a time, I suppose.

I'd really like to know what "stupid products" you are talking about. Especially the clothing part. Let's see, I've ordered from, and spoke highly of, 8 - bit Disc Golf. I don't think anyone here thinks quality drifts with cool designs at a decent price are stupid. What else? The Hucking Aces teespring. Yep. Guilty. My buddy Pete started a club in Korea, that we were very proud of, and sold custom discs and ran a Teespring campaign for it. I hyped it on here, and Pete ended up selling more than he expected and actually made more money on those than on the discs.

My other stupid product? Hucker magazine. I don't think I need to go into detail there, but they picked me to write an article and do some editing. I was, understandably, very excited for this. I'm a published author, but this was my first publication in a magazine. Boy was I wrong. I hear the final product was great, for the 10 people who got a copy. I wouldn't know, because I have still never received mine. So I can't even look at my work. That was ****ty.

So what else are you talking about?

Wtf is it? A Fanny pack? Soooooo im guessing you have to take off this chastity belt each time you want to release a disc from your hand?

Last edited:
Siiiigggh....and out comes the wolves.

Well I opened this can of worms, so I'll address this one at a time, I suppose.

I'd really like to know what "stupid products" you are talking about. Especially the clothing part. Let's see, I've ordered from, and spoke highly of, 8 - bit Disc Golf. I don't think anyone here thinks quality drifts with cool designs at a decent price are stupid. What else? The Hucking Aces teespring. Yep. Guilty. My buddy Pete started a club in Korea, that we were very proud of, and sold custom discs and ran a Teespring campaign for it. I hyped it on here, and Pete ended up selling more than he expected and actually made more money on those than on the discs.

My other stupid product? Hucker magazine. I don't think I need to go into detail there, but they picked me to write an article and do some editing. I was, understandably, very excited for this. I'm a published author, but this was my first publication in a magazine. Boy was I wrong. I hear the final product was great, for the 10 people who got a copy. I wouldn't know, because I have still never received mine. So I can't even look at my work. That was ****ty.

So what else are you talking about?

I'm more of a bobcat. You don't need to take it personal. You have every right to your opinion on products including the fanny pack. It's just that you have to accept the fact we're all entitled to our own opinions too. Surely you can see that promoting this bag for disc golf is at least a little bit ambitious on their part. You can't expect to rotate and throw well with six discs and a fanny pack around your core. No water holder, no place for anything else really. It's not an ideal bag for disc golf in any way. They should have just stuck to marketing it for hikers. Like you said, they're selling them already.

For the record I laugh at anyone in a fanny pack. Disc golf or not. I don't know about where you live but here 99% of disc golfers use a bag made for the game and it's the 1% that don't care or need that and maybe use an old bookbag or just carry a few discs with them in their hands.

I will agree on the pure silliness part. Any disc golfer who wants to add that around their midsection and throw with up to six discs attached to them is silly. Unless the idea is to take it off and strap it back around your waist with each throw. :eek:
:

You definitely raise a good point in the first paragraph. Maybe this is a regional thing (I'm from Missoula, Montana and currently live in Fountain, CO, for the record). Keep in mind, if you please, that you are in a DD heavy area. DD is one of, if not the, most respected name In disc golf for serious and semi - serious players. And I'm sure that the proliferation of well educated players in your area us in no small part thanks to you being a great rep for DD and Disc golf in general. That is said without sarcasm. Seriously, just check out the abuse that Steeze took in the Team Trilogy thread, some from me, and how he kept his cool to see what I mean. You certainly helped me understand TT better, and helped me and many others look at it in a much more positive light.

I will accept I over-reacted. Part of it is dealing with changing attitudes in the local scene as well as here on DGCR. I kind of blew up, well, not kind of, definitely, at what I saw was a series of slights to the casual golfer. It's something I see a lot on here, and even more so recently in my local area of Colorado Springs. The kind of "cool kid" attitude where everyone not loaded down with discs and carrying a real disc golf bag like we do is some sort of goon.

Where I grew up, where I learned the game, almost everyone is a casual player. It's that way at my local course as well. We generally recognize that casuals are the life blood of the sport. This is exactly the kind of device that would appeal to them. A multi use bag that holds "folf" discs. I jumped to the conclusion that people ragging on this bag had that same attitude. Obviously that isn't true.

Ranting on a forum is not going to change a damn thing. Focusing on my local level will. I apologize for bringing it here.

Lastly, the bag itself. Many of you have brought up some great points. 60 bucks, for most people (I am lucky enough to have some degree of disposable income, and I tend to forget that often) is pretty steep for a disc golf "hip pack" (you all are correct: it's most assuredly a fanny pack). However, for a multitude bag that can be used for hiking, hunting and camping and just so happens to hold discs is a pretty good value for the casual discers and outdoor enthusiasts. But strictly for disc golf? I will agree it's overpriced, and the target audience is likely not disc golf exclusive.

I still think this bag has plenty of merit, though. Warranty, quality construction and quality materials are always good. So is innovation. This won't catch the world on fire. But neither did the Ching Jam Bag. But it will help outside the box thinking...like the Nut Sac and Upper Parks bags. So it's really a win-win.

You definitely raise a good point in the first paragraph. Maybe this is a regional thing (I'm from Missoula, Montana and currently live in Fountain, CO, for the record). Keep in mind, if you please, that you are in a DD heavy area. DD is one of, if not the, most respected name In disc golf for serious and semi - serious players. And I'm sure that the proliferation of well educated players in your area us in no small part thanks to you being a great rep for DD and Disc golf in general. That is said without sarcasm. Seriously, just check out the abuse that Steeze took in the Team Trilogy thread, some from me, and how he kept his cool to see what I mean. You certainly helped me understand TT better, and helped me and many others look at it in a much more positive light.

I will accept I over-reacted. Part of it is dealing with changing attitudes in the local scene as well as here on DGCR. I kind of blew up, well, not kind of, definitely, at what I saw was a series of slights to the casual golfer. It's something I see a lot on here, and even more so recently in my local area of Colorado Springs. The kind of "cool kid" attitude where everyone not loaded down with discs and carrying a real disc golf bag like we do is some sort of goon.

Where I grew up, where I learned the game, almost everyone is a casual player. It's that way at my local course as well. We generally recognize that casuals are the life blood of the sport. This is exactly the kind of device that would appeal to them. A multi use bag that holds "folf" discs. I jumped to the conclusion that people ragging on this bag had that same attitude. Obviously that isn't true.

Ranting on a forum is not going to change a damn thing. Focusing on my local level will. I apologize for bringing it here.

Lastly, the bag itself. Many of you have brought up some great points. 60 bucks, for most people (I am lucky enough to have some degree of disposable income, and I tend to forget that often) is pretty steep for a disc golf "hip pack" (you all are correct: it's most assuredly a fanny pack). However, for a multitude bag that can be used for hiking, hunting and camping and just so happens to hold discs is a pretty good value for the casual discers and outdoor enthusiasts. But strictly for disc golf? I will agree it's overpriced, and the target audience is likely not disc golf exclusive.

I still think this bag has plenty of merit, though. Warranty, quality construction and quality materials are always good. So is innovation. This won't catch the world on fire. But neither did the Ching Jam Bag. But it will help outside the box thinking...like the Nut Sac and Upper Parks bags. So it's really a win-win.

I'd still say most players use innova and discraft here but one guy who used to tease me about an all Lat64 made bag is now throwing an all trilogy bag. Probably no thanks to me he just eventually liked what he tried and I know it is easy to find those brands here and I answered his questions when he got tired of teasing. Same things happen here. Some of the people who bash the idea of a team or an all trilogy bag will send me a private message and want to know what they can try to replace a mold or several molds. I get it. It's the internet. You sometimes got to fit in.

So thanks for the compliments I'll take them but I'm just another player around town who does a few leagues and tries to have fun.

I think your approach to the casual disc golfer is great. I try to encourage as many as I find and give out a lot of judges to beginners I see putting with firebirds or nukes. I have more than I'll ever need. So I think it's great you are willing to say you over reacted. It's a classy thing to do. I'm sure that's one hell of a fanny pack too. I just don't know if it's going to be a good investment for that casual player like you talk about. A cadet or innova or discraft starter bag and three discs for that same sixty bucks is going to go a lot further. :thmbup:

Why do I envision somebody discing in roller skates wearing this thing?

1023853288_WQPJJ-730x730.jpg

Nice follow through, brosef.

Mystery Ranch needs to invest in a designer. The Mahal might be the most solid bag on the market, but it looks horrible and now a fanny pack. :gross:

Totally weak. Love my Mahal, but this reminds me of Cadillac making the Cimmaron. :D

Totally weak. Love my Mahal, but this reminds me of Cadillac making the Cimmaron. :D

You mean Chevy slapping Caddy emblems and leather seats in a Cavalier!

Too funny...I almost forgot about those. I used to see a guy driving one of these around town here a few years ago, it even had the trunk mounted luggage rack.

Now my on topic post:

Andy, I love and respect your presence/opinions on here man, but I cant let a Bro wear a fanny/cod pack :gross:.

That is in the Bro code I am sure..." Bros DO NOT let Bros wear fanny packs!"