• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Ace Distance

Ace Distance

• 150-175'

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • 175-200'

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • 225-250'

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • 250'-275'

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 275-300'

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 300'+

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

djjeremiahj

Double Eagle Member
my home course is a very tough (minimum distance) 250'+ course....(the one 218' hole is hard fade right) most of the tees are around 300' but have elevation changes or barriers.... The one hole that is ace'able is (hole 9) @ straight ahead @ 250' but an elevation change of 20+'.....

in over 2 years (on my home course) i've only hit chains and baskets. Hit poles a few times...

There are very few aces on my home course... i am wondering if this is normal....

they set the pins in the "ace-able" positions a few times (at one point) the weekly ace pool was over 1000' and went unclaimed for over 2 months.

Last edited:
First Ace was 228'
Bear Creek, TX
Hole 14 (Short-Short)

Old-School Champ Beast that ripped through the leaves to find the chains. I put two more aces on that disc before I had to retire it.

All three of my aces have been between 230' and 250' with a bb aviar, a classic roc, and a kc pro roc.

Just because your course is a little longer doesn't mean the holes aren't aceable. My home course has a 490' hole and I've seen it aced multiple times.

My only ace was ~150 though.

My first ace was around 200 feet.

Hole #2 at Swinney West, in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We had played a bunch all day, and were fatigued. We got up to the end, and decided to throw another round since we were there. I hucked a forehand lefty hyzer over the path and down the hill. I didn't see it, but heard the chains blast. Walking up to it was cool but I almost wished I could have seen it.

My first and only so far is 201 ft. Central Park Hole 2 in Santa Clarita, CA with a Valkarie. :clap:

Your poll is missing 201 to 224 ft. :doh:

Last edited:
My first was 165. All my others range from that to about 340

i hit my first ace 2 days ago At 144 FT . to bad i was all by myself. i was so happy i was yelling and jumping all around

259 ft. W/ a Discraft Flash. Took me like 8 years to get my first ace so there was little dancing and yelling. Just a big sigh of relief for getting that monkey off my back. So mnay years of hitting metal without that stay in ace.....
Cass Benton, MI Hole...... the one across the street from the Swamp Monster hole.

246 feet at Highland Park in Minnesota Hole 2. I'm guessing this park gets a ton of aces because I've hit the basket on every hole except for hole 8........

Latest posts