• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2016

Made it to the closest 9 holer and promptly launched one of my favorite Rocs into the 10 inches of snow. Parked the hole and still looked for my disc for 10 minutes. Tapped in and went home, just not worth it this time.

Dreaming of spring here.

Kinda chilly early this morning, but it was sunny and warm enough for me to throw 18 in just a sweatshirt this afternoon.
No hand warmers, no gloves, cant be hatin in the PacNW.
Heres wishing everyone a fun and fulfilling 2016 ! :hfive:

Played a practice round at Turner Park DGC (Grand Prairie, Tx) in preperation for tomorrow's tournament. I had an incredible round, hoping I can play like that tomorrow. lol..

I couldn't get anyone to join me, so I enjoyed some solo serenity at Sharp Springs, and I made sure to start on #16.

Mmm... that could be a bad omen. :\

It was certainly a bad omen for that round, since I hadn't even reached the risky holes yet.

The bad thing was, I didn't even get the benefit of a lighter bag, because I also found 3 discs to tote back to lost-&-found.

But, after the round, I waded into freezing water with a rake, and found all 3 lost discs. So I'll take it as a good omen. Or, at least, a caution.

Today played Glenwood, stopped by Mt. Lake and drove 5 hrs non-stop home. Yesterday played St. Albans, Redeemer, and Coonskin. Previous couple days also played Camp Hydaway, Timber Ridge, Mt. Lake, and Greenbrier.

Solo round this morning, very peaceful and cool (30-ish). Wind was a factor, almost blowing my new Glow Valley into the basket! That would have been a good start to the year...

I was out on Picnic Island just after 8 AM a good half hour before any one else showed up to play and got in a round from the longer blue tees. I was able to start on the orange tees at hole number 5 before a trio threw on number 4. When I finished up around 11 AM it was pushing 80 degrees.

Finished my last round of 2015 at Pier Park about 4:30, and started my first 2016 round around 10:30 at Buxton Woods. The disc golf year is dead, long live the disc golf year!

First round of 2016. Dretzka winter course 10 under par with an ace on hole #27. Headwind g Star boss skip in. Awesome start to 2016.

New Years Day at Winton Woods, run by the Cincinnati club, had 122 players out this year. Deuce or die course, added holes for the crowd, and the sun came out for the first time in ten days. Balmy 34 degrees, and we all had lots of fun. 10 aces were hit. I think eight or nine of the Open players and three of us (15) Grandmasters shot under 100 for the 42 holes played for the day. (Happy to report I carded a 99 :D )

Played Harry Myers yesterday, solo round after a few folks backed out. The courses have been packed lately with what I'm guessing are new players with Christmas presents. Shot a 56 through the round, should have been lower from a few missed birdie opportunities, and a few shanked drives that were saved with good upshots. Still my lowest round to date, pretty stoked about that. If I can stay around the mid/upper 50's throughout the through the tournament year, I'll be happy.

I birdied the first hole I played in 2016 and reeled off 8 more before I got my first bogie of 2016 on the treacherous #18 at Loutsis Park in Carnation, WA. Got the #1 tag to start the year for my efforts!

This is from my round yesterday.

Attachments

• 1919523_10205449675347522_6619785513989999679_n.jpg
    1919523_10205449675347522_6619785513989999679_n.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 35
Snow shoes and all? Nice.

O yea! Pretty hard to hike through 3 feet of snow without them. I typical take them off the drive, but throw my approach and putt with them on.

O yea! Pretty hard to hike through 3 feet of snow without them. I typical take them off the drive, but throw my approach and putt with them on.

We don't normally get that much around here. The most I've dealt with was about 19" in general with some deeper driffs. Nine holes was enough abuse for me. :D

Today played Glenwood, stopped by Mt. Lake and drove 5 hrs non-stop home. Yesterday played St. Albans, Redeemer, and Coonskin. Previous couple days also played Camp Hydaway, Timber Ridge, Mt. Lake, and Greenbrier.

If you are in the Mt Lake area again, Greenfield is an excellent round and just an hour or so away Walnut Creek is awesome.

So I had what I think will be a really fun idea for next year. Want to get all the crew together on New Years Eve for some glow. I want to get everyone on an open hole (have one in mind at a near by private course) and as the clock winds down 10, 9, 8, 7 ,6, 5, 4 on 3 everyone throws their drive. That way we can all throw a disc in 2016 that lands in 2017.

So I had what I think will be a really fun idea for next year. Want to get all the crew together on New Years Eve for some glow. I want to get everyone on an open hole (have one in mind at a near by private course) and as the clock winds down 10, 9, 8, 7 ,6, 5, 4 on 3 everyone throws their drive. That way we can all throw a disc in 2016 that lands in 2017.

I made a feeble attempt at organizing something like this with some of the locals but it didn't pan out. Maybe next year.

Sounds like a blast and you have a lot more options in your area than around here. I hope that it works out. That could be a cool short video of some of the fun! :thmbup:

Latest posts