• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2020

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Good morning DGCR and welcome to 2020... with my apologies to our members in earlier time zones for my being so late. :p

Just got in off of the course after playing 9 holes on KMDGC at the drop of the ball. I had an LED on a Champion Aviar P&A. Nothing quite like trampling through the woods in the super dark with no lights on the baskets. :D Shot even par from the Red Tees with one missed circle putt and one super par save approach after an early tree hit. Good times!!!

picture.php

And yes, I'm still awful at selfies in the new year!

Here's to a wonderful 2020. Be blessed, everyone! Jim

18 holes at my local links style course. missed some easy putts, played a little worse than normal, but temp of 46F and little wind. can't complain!

New Year's Day round at a woodsy course-in-progress, Emmitsburg Community Park.

Emmitsburg is a neat little town of 3,000, south of Gettysburg at the base of Catoctin Mountain (sadly, not part of the course), and home to the National Emergency Training Center, Seton Shrine, and Mount St. Mary's University.

Four of us played 20 hole random dubs round at Creeping Creek. Ended tied, so I guess everybody wins, but collective putting was so bad.

Played 9 holes on New Years Day. I shot -3 and my buddy shot -2 with an Ace! His second one.

Attachments

• 7101684E-E9D2-4D69-ACF5-6FF271B74B31.jpg
    7101684E-E9D2-4D69-ACF5-6FF271B74B31.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 0D08CA64-95B0-4F46-9A6A-BF07A0F60524.jpeg
    0D08CA64-95B0-4F46-9A6A-BF07A0F60524.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 23
Played 18 at the local course (Loutsis Park, Carnation,WA) in 50 degree weather. It was real wet in the trees due to all the rain we've been having, and I threw -1. That's not a great score for me, but it was a better time than watching football!

Started 2020 with 39 holes worth of Kentucky goodness yesterday:
• Holler in the Hills - 18 holes
• The Goat Path - 21 holes

My legs are a bit sore from all those hills, but the weather was beautiful.

Thanks to Goatman for accommodating me!

Played a flex start on NYD at Caesar Ford Park. Nearly aced with my first throw of the decade. It was all downhill from there. Ended up shooting my worst round ever at that course. Oh well. There are worse things I could have been doing in January in Ohio

I played 18 at Maximo Park yesterday (first time at that course), and then got in 15 holes at Cliff Stephens before sunset. Tampa Bay area weather was great!

All 23 holes of Ramcat yesterday, seven of us playing as one large social group, four and a half hours, lots-o-golf shots. [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played New Years at Winton (every year since I started playing in the fall of 2011). Finished first in Open amongst everyone who didn't cash ( :eek: ), after throwing an ace in my warm up nine hole round. :wall:

The good news is it was Winton, where deuces are plentiful, so my stats for the year so far include 16 threes, 30 twos and a one in my score book. :thmbup:

Haven't played since thanksgiving weekend. Work, holidays, and sickness getting the better of me. Hopefully soon.

Played New Years at Winton (every year since I started playing in the fall of 2011). Finished first in Open amongst everyone who didn't cash ( :eek: ), after throwing an ace in my warm up nine hole round. :wall:

The good news is it was Winton, where deuces are plentiful, so my stats for the year so far include 16 threes, 30 twos and a one in my score book. :thmbup:

Bet it was about 35-40 degrees warmer than when we played 2 years ago!

Played my first 2 rounds of the year today with the wife. 2 rounds of snow glow golf (which I've never done) at the local 9 hole. It was a blast playing a couple glow rounds in the snow and having the wolves howling throughout from the local zoo. Pretty eerie but epic. :thmbup:

Played my first tournament of the year at the 13th Annual Redlands Ice Bowl at Ford Park. I managed to shoot a 20 down. The winner shot a 21 down along with two other players. It was a chilly start to the day, but warmed up to a sunny 72 degrees.

My first round of the year was on New Year's Day at Davis Park, LV, NV.

Got in two rounds at Johnson Street Park in High Point, NC on Saturday morning, the 4th. Shot a +1 and a -1 in less than ideal conditions. It was super muddy from all the rain we've had lately but at least it was warm. Playing in shorts and a t-shirt in early January might be a sign of the apocalypse or a symptom of ongoing global climate catastrophe but I'll take it.

Latest posts