• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Flat, overstable mid between a Zone and Tyrant

boostedvwjet

Bogey Member
This summer I worked on my FH quite a bit. I have been using a Ledgestone Zone for all FH drives and approaches around 200ft. The Tyrant gets the longer range work, up to the 275ft range. I feel like I have a gap in distance where I don't feel comfortable cranking on the Zone, or taking something off the Tyrant.

I'm looking for recommendations for a mid that is:

1) FLAT
2) Shallow grip
3) Overstable

I have a lot of confidence in the release on both the Zone and Tyrant, due to the flat and relatively shallow grip. The only mid I've owned that was extremely flat was the Element Proto 3 (? I believe). Looking for something similar with more durability for the wooded courses around here.

Thanks!!

The Suspect feels just like a Zone, but is not quite as OS. But for that reason will be a bit longer than the Zone.

Wow, thanks for the responses. I tried an M1, a MF Sentinel and a few others. I've thrown a friends Z BUZZZ OS a few times, but his was far from flat. Gators always felt strange in a FH grip for me, but maybe I'll pull one out and try it again.

Any specific plastics for the Suspect? Don't have much experience with MVP so any insight on the Tensor would be great too!

Second the resistor. Kind of a mid/fairway tweener but is my fit between my zone and beat firebird. It's actually the disc that's been in my bag the longest. Feel of a fairway but general flight of a mid.

I use a Verdict for that shot, although at 200'+ FH it's more of a line drive disc with a drifting finish. The Hornet could be a bit more stable/less glide. Neither of those discs are in the "so overstable they'll fix everything" category like a Gator is though, but they are more comfortable in a forehand grip.

I use a Verdict for that shot, although at 200'+ FH it's more of a line drive disc with a drifting finish. The Hornet could be a bit more stable/less glide. Neither of those discs are in the "so overstable they'll fix everything" category like a Gator is though, but they are more comfortable in a forehand grip.

I use a Verdict for that shot as well, but it's not crazy overstable as you've already said. It's a straight flyer with a gentle fade, flies kind of like a slower Teebird

Lucid Suspect or a Lucid Verdict. They are about as OS but the Verdict is longer by around 50 feet. IMO the Verdict is long for a OS mid.

I use a Verdict for that shot as well, but it's not crazy overstable as you've already said. It's a straight flyer with a gentle fade, flies kind of like a slower Teebird

That's exactly what I use it for. If I want a good stable Teebird flight, but a bit shorter, it's the Verdict with the same throw.

Latest posts