• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flip City Gathering

colombo117

Eagle Member
Over at DGCR we have a couple gatherings taken place at Flip City (Ranked #1 on DGCR).
I am trying to get a July/August one going. I have a few chucker's from Northern Michigan that will be coming down with me. I just want to know who from this site would want or could make the trip. It would be great to meet any of you and hang out for the weekend.

This will be a two day deal. We could do some random doubles or whatever. Camp, Eat, Drink, and Goodtimes.

You planning on just playing Flip, or you gonna make it over to Luddington and hit up Beauty/Beast/Goliath/Reservoir-safari and Leviathan, too? You gonna camp at campgrounds, or can you stay at Schwass' place?

Actually I would love to go over to Ludington and hit leviathan and the others. We should do it!
Bill at Flip will let us camp on his property, we just shoot him some cash. I still have to call him, but I am sure he will be cool with it. If we get alot of people we may have to go to a campground.
Bob it would be great if you could make it. Also, have you every played Whitehall?

Never played Whitehall, but I was just looking at the (few) pics there are on discgolfscene for the course the other night with a buddy of mine...Looks challenging! How far is it from Flip?

Even if I somehow don't make it out, you guys owe it to yourself to go to the park in Luddington and throw discs off the reservoir onto the course, if you haven't done that before! You can make some EPIC safari holes shooting at beast/goliath!

i know im not a big name here but me and a couple of friends would be down for this. my grandma lives in Ludington (~1mi from beauty/etc.) i would need a couple months of advance notice on dates tho so i can take off work.

Yeah, anyone is welcome.
I want to see how people are interested than set a date that would work for the majority like two or three months ahead.

I have 8 people over at DGCR that are wanting to do this as well. So it could be cool!

Possible date could be the weekend of the 7th and 8th in August.

I could probably drum up some interest from the Detroit area, maybe even a couple TADGA and FTF kids...

mickas said:
awww i was considering the trip but august 7-8th = madcity open :(

That was just a possible date. So as we get closer I will set a secure date. I need to talk to Bill at Flip and see what weekends he does not have a tournament happening.

Its still a ways off.

Post what days would work for you guys in July and August. I am open to suggestions.

I as well would likely be in. Last time I was in ludington I stayed at mason county campground, also known to many as the campground with the showers.

It's literally right next to beauty/beast/goliath, 10 mins from leviathan, and about 45 mins from flip, which is in BFE. While staying at flip sounds cool in theory, personally I like having actual bathrooms, showers, and electricity for a disc golf camp out that is not intended to be "real" camping. Plus there is NOTHING near flip, so if you need beer, food, supplies or what have you, you are looking at a hike to it.

I would love it if the timing is right. I live in Texas, but I always take the family to Michigan for 2 weeks for our summer vacation (I have relatives in Holland, Muskegon, Montague and Grand Rapids). Last year we rented a house on Lake Michigan in Montague. My brother, my nephew, my son and I played Whitehall, McGraft and Flip City while we were there. It was awesome, especially Flip City! This year I want to go on vaction so I can go to the Worlds at Lemon Lake (about a 3 hour drive), but my son's required marching band practices may interfere. :(

Anyway, let us know when. Maybe things will work out. :D

I wouldn't call any of the pressurized water compartments in Ludington campgrounds "showers"...

Showers are for getting clean, not spraying up everyone else's funk and gunk onto your legs.

To be real honest, I'll probably snag a hotel room at one of the $50/night hotels in Ludington. My back doesn't let me camp, really, and the REAL bathrooms there are worth the price alone...

Latest posts